Chin Implant Its Uneven and Swollen. Is This Normal? (photo)

I am 2 weeks post op. My chin looks very uneven especially the right side. My left side is not as swollen but I do have a very hard lump just below my chin. Im afraid my implant has shifted. Is this normal? Do I need revision surgery? My implant is silastic material. Im really concerned. Please advise.

Early Chin Implant Asymmetry ??

+1

It is hard to know the exact position and symmetry of the chin implant at just two weeks after surgery. There is still a fair amount of swelling present. You will be in a better position to judge the symmetry of the implant at a minimum of 6 weeks after surgery.

+1

Based upon the posted photo I must say that the chin implant appears as in a mal align ment position. Best to return to your chosen surgeon ASAP for evaluation and discussion and possible open revision. 

Chin Augmentation and Swelling

+1

Dear Linney, It is not uncommon to have slight asymmetry after chin augmentation and swelling however your chin does look quite swollen for two weeks post augmentation. I would see your treating physician to make sure the implant is fine and no other issues are going on with the healing process. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Chin implant and swelling

+1

It is not uncommon to have some asymmetry and noticeable swelling two weeks after a chin implant. That being said I would encourage you to check with your surgeon just to make sure the implant is in good position and there are no other issues going on. Good luck.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon