Chin Implant, Internal Scar Tissue, Uneven/assymetrical Appearance? (photo)

I'm 20 and female, I had a chin implant about a year ago, Overall I am satisfied with the change it's made to my appearance and side profile. However the left side of my chin is little lower and larger in volume than the right. I don't think that the implant has shifted, it feels as if there is a lump of extra tissue (internal scarring?) that didn't go down with the initial swelling. It feels semi-hard, semi-solid, semi-squishy. I've tried massaging the area and it has gotten worse. Help?

Chin Implant, Internal Scar Tissue, Uneven/assymetrical Appearance?

+1

I perform many chin augmentations with Chin Implants and from the photos provided, it appears as if the wings, of the implant, may have been trimmed and removed making the implant end abruptly instead of tapering off along the sides.  Removal and replacement of the chin implant would solve the issue.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/ChinImplants.html

Asymmetrical Chin after Implant

+1

The appearance of your chin will not improve with time; you're a full year after the operation. A revision will be necessary to remove and replace the existing implant, reposition it, or excise scar tissue.

Uneven look after chin implant

+1

If you were my patient, I would recommend you have a revision. The asymmetry is not acceptable.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven chin one year after chin implant placed

+1

I would definitely recommend returning to the surgeon who performed your chin augmentation.  You need to be examined to try and determine the cause of the asymmetry of your chin.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.