Can a Chin Implant Improve Profile (The Projection) Alone?

I'm interested in a chin implant without adding height or width to my chin, just projection, or is it better to do fat grafting on the chin if projection is only problem?

Chin implants and projection

+1

Hi there-

There are many options you might consider, but the appropriate choice for you should be made based on your anatomy and a careful analysis of your facial dimensions and structures...

Chin projection can be increased with an implant

+1

Hello - Yes, chin projection alone can be improved with an implant.  The entire procedure takes about 2 hours and involves minimal pain and discomfort.  Implants can be either silicone or methylmethacrylate, both give great results.  It's mostly a matter of surgeon experience, but both materials give fantastic results.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Chin implant shapes and sizes

+1

There are many different shapes available. Clearly the most popular tends to be the extended anatomic implant which will add width. Older style "button" implants can add predominantly an increase in projection with limited changes in the width

Chin implant

+1

When performed properly by a highly skilled surgeon, placement of a chin implant will yield excellent results, and will very likely add the projection you are looking for. Adding height will not be an issue. Some width may occur, bit not much. Chin augmentation would be best, followed by fat grafting.

I would really need to see photos and/or perform an examination to give you the best advice. If you wish, you may send any photos to my office and I would be happy to evaluate them for you. My contact information is listed in my profile. Thank you, and best of luck to you.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Indications for chin augmentation

+1

Chin augmentation is an excellent option for improving chin projection.  However, in my experience, if the amount of projection required is over 3mm, a chin advancement is a better procedure.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant to improve profile

+1

Chin difficiency can be assessed at the time of exam by youe Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. There are many styles and shapes of chin implant to address the problem you have

Chin implant to improve profile

+1

A chin implant can increase the projection of your chin for an improved profile. There are many different implant shapes and sizes to address each patients individual concern. We use silastic implants that are placed through an incision below the chin. This procedure is reversible, so if at any time the patient would like the implant removed or a different size, it is possible.

Chin implant can improve profile (the projection)

+1

Yes, possibly but each case in individually determined by photos, measurements, examples of each implant. You owe yourself the opportunity to see in person 3 boarded plastic surgeons to discuss these concerns.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Chin implants

+1

There are many different styles and shapes of chin implants. Visit with an experienced doctor and see what might work best for your particular anatomy and desires.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS