Can a Chin Implant Improve my Profile? (photo)

I have a very receded and undefined chin and my mandible as a whole is kind of small. I would like to ask if there's any point of having a chin implant in my case. My jaws are perfectly aligned and my bite is normal. Can an implant improve my profile and give me a well defined jawline or can it at least enhance it noticeably? Is there any way I can look better?

Chin implant will improve profile

+1

A chin implant can certainly improve the profile in the anterior projection.  The implants come in different shapes and sizes.  The implant will give mostly the anterior projection, but will also add slight vertical height and lateral width at the same time.  Placing a chin implant will not give any further definition to the jaw line. This definition would need to be achieved through with a neck lift which includes liposuction and removal of fat above and below the platysmal muscle along with a platysmaplasty.  The neck lift would improve the jaw line and a chin implant will bring the chin forward.

Chin Implants to Improve Profile

+1

Hello. Yes, a chin implant would greatly improve your profile. There are many sizes of implants available and during your consultation; the Plastic Surgeon will help you select the size that will work best with your facial structure. Good luck on your search!

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Chin Augmentation and Submental Liposuction Synergistic in Many

+1

From your photos you would be a great candidate for a Chin Augmentation and submental liposuction. This combination will result in a very significant improvement in your neck line and profile. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Will a chin implant help improve the appearance of my profile?

+1

Looking at your photos, a chin augmentation can yield a fantastic result. Depending on your individual circumstances, you may also benefit from submental/jowl liposuction. The two procedures together yield a wonderful result, and I think you would be really happy with the outcome. From here, I would recommend a consult with a board certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon who uses computer imaging software. They will be able to morph a photo and give you an idea of how the final result may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Great Candidate For Chin Augmentation

+1

You would do well with a chin augmentation using an implant that gives at least 10mm in horizontal projection. The other option would be a chin osteotomy which has a small implant attached in front of it for even greater projection. That determination would be made by doing some computer imaging and you seeing how much of an improvement you would like.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Hello

+1

Yes, a chin implant will help your profile. You need to look at sizes to see what would fit your face the best. Your PS would be the one to be able to give you the best advice. Good luck

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Chin implant could help

+1

A chin implant could improve your profile. However, it would not cause any noticeable changes to your front view.

Deidra Blanks, MD
Wilmington Facial Plastic Surgeon

A chin implant often improves the facial profile but liposuction can add to it

+1

Chin implants helps extend the chin and improve the profile and neck contour. But as in your case your neck is also full with what is likely tilted voicbox (anterior larynx). The only way to tell is for your doctor to feel your neck and where the actual larynx sits. If it's just fat, liposuction would help the chin. If the fat is under the muscle of the neck or the larnx is sitting forward, further surgery by tightening the muscle along with fat removal and a chin implant would give the ultimate result.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Chin implant to improve profile

+1

From your photos, it does look like your appearance could be improved with chin augmentation using an implant.  It also appears that liposuction of the neck could also add more definition.  I would consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to obtain more details about the procedures.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon