Would a Chin Implant Improve my Front and Side Profile? (photo)

I was hoping for a straight, honest opinion if you felt like a chin implant would improve my profile? Is there any cheap alternative treatments or is a chin implant the only way to go?

Would a chin implant improve my front and side profile?

+1

Hello, you are a good candidate for a chin implant. It will improve your front view and side profile. Schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. At your consultation the surgeon will do some photo morphing so you can get a good idea of what you can expect your result to be. Good luck to you.

Chin implant candidate?

+1

It does look like a chin implant would improve your profile. Skin fillers such as radiesse can be used to temporarily augment the chin area with the filler lasting about a year. This can add up over the years so if you know you want the augmentation done it may be best to wait until you can have the implant placed. The implant can be done either under just local anesthesia, IV sedation or general anesthesia.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

How Would You Recommend I Treat My Intrusive Chin?

+1

Dear Matt, You have a retrusive chin.  Your chin should be at the same exact plane as your lower lip on lateral view.  Since your chin is behind that point, I would recommend a chin implant.  My favorite chin implant for most patients is the Mittelman chin pre-jowl implant.  I place them through an intra oral approach and anchor them to keep them from moving by using a titanium screw.  The surgery itself takes about 30 minutes and can be done under local or general anesthesia.  This will improve both your profile view as well as your frontal view. 

In the alternative and as a precursor to doing a true silastic chin implant, I agree with Dr. Randy Wong (an outstanding Honolulu plastic surgeon) that the injection of Radiesse into the chin can give you a temporary, non-surgical chin augmentation.  However, over time, it can be as expensive as a chin implant. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant Augmentation

+1

A chin implant is exactly what you are looking for to correct your chin deficiency and improve your facial balance. There are no other less invasive or costly treatment alternatives.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

A chin implant will improve both your front and side views

+1

You seem to be a good candidate for a chin implant for both front and side view improvements. Make sure to consult with your surgeon about not only the implant's size, but also its shape to get the appropriate style for your face.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical chin enhancement

+1

Thanks for the photos.  For subtle and natural chin augmentation, Radiesse injections in our practice have been effective.  Although a single injection is usually temporary, clinically lasting up to a year, the incorporation of calcium in the chin contours can be seen to build up over several sessions with longer lasting effects. 

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

It is likely a chin implant would improve your appearance. To be sure, I would have to see you in person to see how you look over a range of dynamic expressions such as smiling and speaking. There should be nothing that is as cost effective for changing the jawline as a surgically inserted chin implant. I think fillers are a poor second choice and may be more costly over a lifetime.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon