Chin Implant Placed Too High and Revison W/same Result. - Is There a Solution?

chin was done thru the mouth...I would like to know if you can lower implant and use a screw to fix in place? I have a silcone implant.

Chin implant placed through a mouth incision

+1

I prefer to place chin implants through a submental incision - that is, an incision below the place where the chin implant will reside and not through the mouth.  I find that no matter what a surgeon does to keep the implant from riding up, the mouth incisions just are not as good with long term results.  Most are fine, but for my patients, I prefer the submental incision.  This is also a way to fix high riding chin implants from mouth incisions.  approach from below, remove the implant and make a new pocket .  Difficult, but doable.

Solution for chin implant placed too high

+1

Placing a chin implant through an incision under the chin is the best way to perform chin augmentation.   There is a lower risk of infection, the implant is less likely to migrate and there is no need for a screw.   

Not only is infection more likely to occur when the implant is placed through the mouth, the implant tends to move upwards away from where it was originally placed. 

Chin implant

+1

you can reposition the chin implant. Silicone implants usualy do not need a screw.

Have another consult by a Board certified Plastic Surgeon , Discuss your options. Chin implant need finness and a good surgon. One surgery. 2-3 consults so we could understand your need and you are comfortable with the competency of the surgeon regardless of his/her cost.one surgery is cheeper than several revisionsand less risks.

+1

To answer you question simple -YES!. But you failed to post photos so I would recommend you seeing in person 3 boarded surgeons in your area. Good Luck.