Chin Implant Help with Volume Loss Due to Aging?

Will a chin implant help with volume loss due to aging? I am getting that dimpled look on the sides of my chin. I am only inquiring about a chin implant specifically, and not the use of fillers or other options.

Chin implant for volume loss

+1

When patient's get volume loss in the  lateral chin area, this is called a pre-jowl sulcus. There is a chin implant specifically designed for this volume loss, and it is called a pre-jowl implant. In addition to the pre-jowl sulcus, if patient's have a weak chin, they will need a combination chin implant called a pre-jowl chin implant. Please see link below to examples of what chin implants look like. Virtual  plastic surgery software as available our website for  you to try to see what your new chin might look like

Web reference: http://chincheekimplantsseattle.com

+1

Depending upon an individual's anatomy, a chin implant may take up some of the loose skin around the surrounding chin area.    You would need to have a lack of chin projection so that this does not distort facial proportions.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facial procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Chin-Implant.php

+1

Chin Implants are appropriate if the profile reveals a weak chin.  What you are describing are "jowls' or the sagging of facial tissues next to the corners of the mouth.  Jowls are reduced using some version of a facelift.  I prefer the minimal incision facelifts with:

1. smaller incisions
  2. less surgery time, typically 90 minutes
  3. less tissue dissection = less post-op bruising and swelling with a quicker recovery
  4. ability to have facelift under local anesthetic

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/PalmerCelebrityLift.html

Chin Implants

+1

Implants are not the answer to aging. Loss of volume, jowls, will create the depression in the jaw line. Implants are not the answer in that case. have a good evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery). disuss what are your goals and the best way to reverse the aging process.

Chin-Prejowl Augmentation For Improved Jawline

+1

A combined chin-prejowl implant placed on the bone can help fill out the dimples or indentation along the jawline. Bone augmentation is one approach to loss of the jawline with aging.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

A Chin Implant May Help With the Volume Loss You See As You Age

+1

The answer, of course, is "maybe". In the right person (i.e. someone with a weak chin or a relatively small jaw), a chin implant can make a big difference with the early signs of aging. A smaller chin and jaw exaggerates the very early signs of aging, making the aging changes more obvious at an earlier age. A chin implant can help a great deal in this situation, both by softening and smoothing the aging changes you describe, as well as giving the face better overall balance and symmetry. If, on the other hand, your chin and jaw are already appropriately sized and shaped for your face, adding a chin implant may actually make you look worse. Yes, it may smooth the dimples you describe, but in doing so may make your face look  too bottom heavy (which will actually give your face a more aged contour). Given the complexity of this, a consultation with an experienced facial plastic surgeon who includes imaging as a part of the consultation would be a good next step. Good luck.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes, there are chin implants that can augment the area referred to as the pre-jowl sulcus. Depending upon the severity of aging changes a chin implant can be effective alone or in combination with a lower face and necklift to further rejuvenate the chin/ jawline. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facial-implants/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant for volume loss with aging

+1

Pictures would be helpful to give you the best advice, but it is possible for a chin implant to help rejuvenate the chin.  With aging, the sides of the chin along the jaw can sometimes develop a depression.  This can be improved with fillers or certain types of chin implants.  If the dimpling on the sides of your chin is in a different area, then a chin implant may not be the best option for treatment for you.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant Role in the Aging Chin

+1

Yes  the chin implant is great for the aging chin in the proper candidate.  The chin implants have a lateral extension that fills in the very lines you discuss.  I have done many chin implants for this problem both with and without a facelift.  See an Elite surgeon with implacable credential and ABPS FACS credentials.  My Best    Dr C

Web reference: http://www.gcommonsmdplasticsurgery.com

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon