Would a Chin Implant Help my Profile? (photo)

I have a small jawline and from the side my chin just melts into my neck. I am wondering if a chin implant would help.

Maybe

+1

With you smiling it is hard to really tell where your chin sits.  Most people's chins jut forward when they smile.  You have a very pretty face, but I think you would look even better with some work on you neck, liposuction plus a platysmaplasty or a full neck lift.  Attached is a link to some photos

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under projected chin

+1

By looking at the photo you posted I would say you are a candidate for a chin augmentation. We are seeing an influx in requests for this procedure. People are video conferencing on the computer and on phones more these days and the screen makes the chin look smaller. The media just released and article about this not that long ago.  I would get a few opinions and do your research to find a surgeon who has a few options for you.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant to help define jawline

+1

You could consider placing a chin implant to help define your jawline. Additional things to consider are neck liposuction to better define the transition from your neck to jaw.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Would a Chin Implant Help my Profile?

+1

With a receding chin (profile view) a chin implant would improve this considerably.  Chin implants come in varying sizes from small, medium to large.  A consultation with your Plastic Surgeon could determine the best result for you.  Sometimes neck liposuction and or a lift are also recommended along with a chin implant depending on how much correction you are looking for.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS