Chin Implant/fat Transfer Candidate? (photo)

Hello everyone! Some expert opinions would be greatly appreciated. Am I a good candidate for either a chin implant or fat transfer, and if so, which do you recommend and why? I have a small face to begin with but I feel like my face is nicely filled out then just a little nub for a chin. It just seems off balanced to me. I notice it constantly in pictures and I can't stand it. I wish to have a more defined, strong, angular line between my jaw and chin line. Do I look like a candidate or no?

Chin implant

+2

I would vote for a small chin implant that also gives a bit more width to the jaw.  Mittleman pre jowl chin style or extended anatomical chin style. 

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant Candidate

+2

Based on the photos shown, my suggestion would be to consider a chin implant.  Fat transfer can work well but is less reliable in creating the same aesthetic effect.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for Chin Implant

+2

Dear Bebe, By photographs alone you appear to be a good candidate for a chin implant. Chin augmentation would help bring aesthetic harmony to your features. The fact that you notice this more in photographs is very typical of patients who need a chin augmentation. In the age of Facebook and Instagram, chin augmentation has become more popular and the first thing that my patients state after their procedure is how happy they are with their new photographs. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Chin Implant/fat Transfer Candidate?

+2

Over the internet all I can say is you can have either to obtain a very nice result. Best is to see in person a few boarded surgeons in your city. 

Chin implant/fat transfer candidate

+2

Hello, I have reviewed your posted photos and you are a good candidate for a chin augmentation. You will have better proportion and balance to your face. Schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. Your surgeon will do photo imaging and you will get a good indication of how you can expect to look after your procedure. Good luck to you.  

David Alessi, MD

Chin Implant For Small Augmentation

+2

For an assured and permanent chin augmentation, an implant would be the best approach. Your chin deficiency is moderate and and needs an augmentation no greater than 3 to 5mms in horizontal projection. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin and jaw line can definitely be improved.

+2

Hi.

I would not use fat transfer here.  The options are an extended anatomical chin implant or a properly placed filler (Radiesse) injected deeply.  Which would be best for you requires physical exam.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)