Will Chin Implant Improve Facial Symmetry?

I am a model and love the way my left side looks.My right jaw didn't develop much as my left jaw did. My chin is also off-centered. How can I fix these? Will a chin implant would make my face more symmetrical.

Chin implant to improve facial symmetry

+2

A chin implant and possibly fat grafting along the deficient mandibular border will likely improve your facial symmetry significantly. A consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon is the next step in figuring out a plan specific to you.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Facial asymmetries can be addressed with implants

+2

Facial chin asymmetry can be addressed through a chin implant. The implants that are commonly used are Silastic chin implants that can be custom carved down for the appropriate asymmetry. They are slipped in through a half-inch incision on the underneath portion of the chin. These implants work exceedingly well to address facial asymmetries such as a one-sided weak jawline both on the anterior and anterior-posterior projection and on a lateral projection. In addition, sometimes we place unilateral cheek implants in for cheek hypoplasia. These can be custom-carved as well.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Yes

+2

A chin implant can improve symmetry as well as restore balance to the face, especially if the lower 1/3 is verticall short, or the chin is pointy, or if the chin is weak (short from back to front). Another option is advancement and movement of the chin bone.

It is important to remember that no human has a symmetrical face from one side to the other, and it is the asymmetry that makes the face more attractive.

You need to getr evaluated to see what would be the best option for you. The condition of your teeth (occlusion), and proportions of your nose must also be considered to get you the optimum result.

sek

Chin implants for facial symmetry

+1

Chin implants are great for improving the projection of your chin as well as correcting any asymmetries. For you, I would most likely use a Medpor implant as it can be carved out during the operation to provide you the symmetry that you're looking for. It's an outpatient procedure and very well tolerated. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.DrSchreiberPlasticSurgery.com

Facial Implants for Asymmetry

+1

It is possible to customize and implant to compensate for facial asymmetry. It is easier to place a mandibular angle implant on one side than it is to correct an asymmetrical chin. However, both are possible.

Facial asymmetry is a natural thing that can, in many cases, add interest to the face that equates to beauty. If you know how to use photoshop, then you should take some models and make a whole face from either half of their face. The perfectly symmetric face that you construct is typically less attractive than the original asymmetric one. I make my residents do this exercise as part of their training.

That being said, if your asymmetry is an issue, then it is possible to correct or minimize the asymmetry you describe.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant may have no effect on asymmetry

+1

While a chin implant can make a chin project more in an anterior projection, it usally achieves this wth a symmetric implant. Placement of a symmetric implant over an asymmetric surface as your describe may do little to correct the problem. In fact it could make it more noticeable. As stated elsewhere here, fillers may be good for mild corrections.

Off balance chin

+1

Hi,

It is very likely that it is not just just your chin that is smaller on one side, but that entire half of your face. Everyone's face has natural asymmetry such as this, and this is what gives the face a natural beauty. I would suggest you first visit a plastic surgeon who can using imaging software to give you a "preview" of what your chin may look like after alteration. If you still like the appearance, you may want to discuss the options of temporary fillers to augment and reshape the chin. Chin implants are typically used to project the chin forward, but a custom implant by an experienced surgeon may work.

Filler may be a good option

+1

You may want to try filler to see how the result will be and then go for chin implant surgery. You also may want to try computer imaging to see the effect on the asymmetry before actual surgery.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Facial symmetry and Chin Implant.

+1

Chin Implant surgery is typically recommended to project your chin. Chin Implants can balance a nose that appears too large, and they can improve your jaw-line and neck skin.

I haven't used a Chin Implant for an asymmetrical or off-centered chin. If you'd like to email / post photos, I'll be happy to give you my thoughts.

I've attached a photo of a typical Chin Implant patient.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/Action/Gallery/GalleryID/16327/PageID/4141/ProcedureNameID/31

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chinb asymmetry

+1

It is possible that a customized chin implant may help with your asymmetry, but first you should have a thorough exam to include occlusion (bite of the teeth), as well as bony and soft tissue structures of the jaw.  There may be other alternatives. 

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon