Will Chin Implant Make Face Less Wide and Round in Appearance?

I feel like the front profile of my face is very wide and very round. Will a chin implant give the lower half of my face a more angular look and make it look slimmer? I don't mean slimmer as in fat. I've had buccal fat removal and it's not like I need to have fat removed. Just the bone structure is wide.

Chin Implant Benefits

+3

The chin implant can greatly enhance  your facial appearance by improving the proportions of your face.

By making specific measurements we can determine the type and size of implant for you.

Importantly, by showing you samples, we can demonstrate the improvement in person prior to surgery.

Good Luck,

Dr. Sajjadian

Chin implant to make face less wide and round

+1

A chin implant is usually used for a retrusive chin and to make the chin wider. It will not make the chin look slimmer. The implant is placed through a submental incision and can be done under local or general anesthesia depending upon the patient’s desires. The chin implants come in various sizes, shapes, and forms, which needs to be discussed with your surgeon at the time of the consultation.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Chin implant changes facial balance.

+1

The overall balance of the face will change in favor of a longer and leaner appearance, but the changes will be subtle.  Your best bet is to see many before and after pics and see what changes you see in these.  Good luck.  Dr. Torkian

Chin implant Effect

+1

Besides the obvious implications for chin prominance on the lateral view, implants will also change the front view.

Those changes are much more subtle, but significant none-the-less.

Implants will increase the vertical height of the chin and also take a round face and make it appear more almond shaped. Variations of these effects can be made with choice of implant. Wider implants also tend to make the chin a little stronger and are a better choice in men, while narrower implants typically look better on women.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

Chin implant will change your facial structure.

How, will depend on the shape of your face now before the implant.

You had BUCCAL fat removed for highly specialized look. You ar after a certain look. BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON discuss your needs and desires what the surgery entails, cost, complication need for further surgery and may be if the plastic surgeon has computer immaging it might help you decide

Chin implant make face less wide and round in appearance

+1

Maybe BUT you failed to post a photo. Thus my guess is yes but an in person facial examination with certain measurements is really needed to determine which type and size chin implant would be appropriate. From MIAMI DR. B

Chin implants

+1

There are a variety of shapes when it comes to chin implants. It sounds as if you could benefit from selecting an implant with greater anterior to posterior projection rather than transverse width. Discuss your desires with a plastic surgeon. Occasionally, they will have samples that will give you a concept of your outcome.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.