Chin Implant Effectiveness on a Very Weak Chin? (photo)

Hello. I'm extremely unhappy with the way I look, the cause of my concern being the rather severe deficiency of my chin and my virtually non-existent jawline. I have a round and relatively small face, normal bite with a wide but small mandible. I've been looking at pictures of patients who've had chin augmentation procedures involving the placement of chin implants, but it seems to me that good results can only be achieved if the patient's chin is large enough. Will a chin implant work in my case?

Chin Implant Effectiveness on a Very Weak Chin?

+1

Your photo shows a very weak chin.  Chin Augmentation with a Chin Implant would balance the entire lower face.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/ChinImplants.html

Custom Designed Chin Implant May Be Needed For Ideal Result

+1

There are many different performed chin implant options. But with your degree of horizontal and vertical chin deficiency, they will likely leave you still somewhat deficient...better but not ideal. You may need to consider a custom-designed chin implant that can add more horizontal and the vertical dimension missing from today's preformed implants.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Implants for Very Weak Chin

+1

There are unlimited sizes and shapes of implants for chin augmentation. The lower border of the jaw can also be advanced to increase chin projection. Also consider liposuction under your chin and along the side of your neck. Consult with an experienced surgeon; you have multiple choices.

Implants for weak chin

+1

I would consider a chin implant to give both horizontal as well as anterior projection of your chin.  In addition, I would suggest some liposuction under the chin to sharpen your neck angle and create more length of your jawline.  If you really want to change the overall appearance of your jawline and mandible, you can also consider mandibular angle implants placed through the mouth.  These would have the effect of sharpening your mandibular angle and giving you a more square jawline.  Of course, these suggestions would need to be verified with a good physical exam of your chin and jawline before a final plan could be formulated.

+1

Yes! but best route is IN PERSON evaluations from boarded surgeons in your city. Call for a few appointments. 

Picking the right chin implant

+1

thank you for the question. First things first you want to ensure that you go with the surgeon who performs a lot of chin augmentation in various ways. The occasional chin augmentation surgeon would say you look great with a chin implant don't worry everything's fine. In your case from this photograph, though a physical examination is an absolute requirement so take these comments with a grain of salt, I'd say you're a good candidate for chin implant. I don't think you would look artificial or odd. If you look at some of the photographs on the link below you'll notice patients with a very similar shape to their neck, prominence of the chin, and appearance of the lips. In any case I think you do well with the chin implant but you need to have your jaw and chin assessed, your bite indentation assessed, and your overall craniofacial skeleton examined to ensure that this would put your face in harmony and not look out of place. I'll put some links below and hopefully you'll find those useful. Generally speaking I would imagine you would require a large or extra-large chin implant and there are various types and styles. You want to be on the same page with your surgeon and have a particular type chin implant selected for your procedure. That's important that you ask your surgeon which implant with a select for you. Also you want to ask them would they expect to alter the chin implant itself during surgery although many of them wouldn't really know until the time of surgery.  Chase Lay MD

Just an aside, chin and jaw liposuction would enhance your overall outcome.

Web reference: http://chaselaymd.com/Chin_Implant.html

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improve jaw line

+1

A chin implant and possibly sub mental liposuction should make a great difference in your appearance. 

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

Hard to tell exactly how you are aligned by your photo but it looks to me that you would be an excellent candidate for a chin implant. The implant will also help improve the appearance of your neck. Think of your chin as being the center pole for a tent; if the pole is in the correct position the tent canvas is taut, should you remove some of the pole the tent will sag. I would personally do your implant first and see how you look. Always easy to add neck sculpting should it be necessary. By the way in my practice these procedures are routinely done under local anesthesia with oral sedation. See an experienced facial aesthetic specialist and I'm sure you will have a positive result. Good luck!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

weak chin profile and neck fat

+1

When there are fatty deposits in the neck below the jawline it's best to have that fat removed with either liposuction or a neck-lift. A chin implant will give more projection to the mandible to create better facial balance and give a better jawline as well.  A neck lift and a chin implant are complementary procedures but accomplish different goals. Please see the link below for examples of the combination of chin implant and neck lift performed in our practice.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/neckliftandlipo_photos.html

+1

It is possible to create better balance in your lower face with a chin implant. I would also recommend performing conservative amount of liposuction in the area under your chin and along your jawline at the same time to sculpt and refine those areas. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facial-implants/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon