Chin Implant 7 Days Post Op- Swelling or Complications? (photo)

Hi, I just had chin implant w/ lipo a week ago and everything was going well until today. After the band-aid & stitches came off, I noticed I have a large round hard ball forming back of the chin. I can feel the roundness at the edges. From the front side it is smooth but you can see this odd shape more to the left side. I'm not in pain and it doesn't look like it's an infection. Is this an implant I'm feeling or is it swelling? My implant is a large central style from Hanson's ( SCH5-4).

Please Have Your Chin Implant Evaluated By Your Doctor

+1

Any questions and concerns regarding your chin implant surgery this early after your procedure should be directed to your surgeon.  With the swelling in place, it is difficult to give you a good answer.  The chin needs to be evaluated in person by your surgeon.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Too early to see based on internet photos posted. Best to return to your surgeon for in person evaluation! 

Post op asymmetrical chin swelling

+1

If it is not tender or sore, then it might be a collection of fluid. Go see you surgeon so that he can feel it. He will make a diagnosis and treat it appropriately.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

One-Sided Bulge After Chin Implant Augmentation

+1

This could be differential swelling, a fluid collection or a rolled end of the implant tail. It is too early to tell exactlt what it is at this point. You will know more in a few weeks as the swelling subsides. This bulge will either go down or become more apparent which will tell you what it is.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin Implant Recovery

+1

It is likely that you are noticing swelling.  Since you are in the healing phase, this is normal.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon for your best result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Chin implant recovery

+1

While pictures are helpful, it is difficult to answer your question without examining you.  It is not unusual to still have a good amount of swelling present at one week after placement of a chin implant.  That is most likely what you are seeing at present and with more time, the appearance should improve as the swelling subsides.  I would recommend waiting at least a week or two more to see how you look.  It can take months for the swelling to completely resolve.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon