Can a Chin Implant Help to Create What Would Appear to Be a Longer Jawline?

I like the size of my chin as in I dont want it any larger, I would just like to have a longer chin therefore appearing as if i have a longer jawline. Is this possible?

Creating a jawline with a Chin Implant

+1

Balancing the facial profile and adding definition to facial features are the expected results of facial implants. A consultation appointment with a BOARD CERTIFIED Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon should be a priority to determine what would be the best option for your face. Make sure that you are choosing to enhance your appearance for yourself and for no one else. During your appointment, make sure you ask as many questions as you want, look at their before and after pictures of their work, and feel comfortable and confident in your choice of surgeon. A chin implant can help balance out a strong or prominent nose, extend the jawline, or strengthen a weak or pooly-defined chin. A profound outcome can be achieved with even a subtle change!

Good Luck and Best Wishes,

Simon J. Madorsky, MD

Chin implants come in many different shapes and sizes

+1

Your chin appearance can be modified with an implant, while taking into account your facial structure, chin anatomy, and specific needs. Creating a longer jawline without making your chin look larger is possible.  Direct evaluation of your chin is needed to make this determination.

Grigoriy Mashkevich, MD

Grigoriy Mashkevich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for discussion of chin implant options

+1

Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for discussion of chin implant options. It's difficult to assess exactly what you desire without photos and/ or seeing you in the office in person. When choosing a plastic surgeon, ensure that they have alot of experience with facial implants, show you their own before and after photos and, above all, put you at ease.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is possible to use many different implants to give many different looks. Probably the only thing not possible is to make it smaller!

The answer is yes!

Good luck!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon