Is There a Chin Implant to Make Your Chin Longer?

Chin Implant Surgery Procedure

+1

Absolutely - in fact, longer (or more forward) is one the key reasons to get a chin implant. Fewer people need a wider chin, unless they want to masculinize the face. Lengthening the chin (to the proper proportion with the lower lip and rest of the face) can make your nose look better, and even improve wrinkles and fat under the neck. I'd suggest meeting with an experienced facial plastic surgeon for an individual consultation. Good luck!

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

+1

There are a wide range of chin implants in different sizes and shapes that may definitely suit your needs.  In order to receive the best advice on a chin implant, I would advise you to consult a highly skilled facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon who has a great deal of experience performing chin implants. He or she will be able to morph a digital photo, and give you an idea of what the final result may look like. Please feel free to ask me any additional questions you have regarding the procedure. My contact information is listed in my profile. Thank you, and good luck.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Enlongate chin

+1

A simple silastic soft chin implant will augment the length of a persons chin quite nicely.The proceedure is done under local anesthesia and should take no more than 15 minutes. There are numerous differrent sizes and shapes for you and your surgeon to choose from.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implants

+1

There are many shapes , sizes of chun implants available, and can be customized to your needs . make sure you communicate with your surgeon about what you want

, can it be achieved/ what implnt/ size choice, approach. and risks and complications and alternatives.

then go through the surgery

Chin Implants To Increase Length

+1

The answer is yes. There are wide variety of chin implants from different manufacturers that can be used to make your chin longer. I prefer silastic implants as Dr. Portuese pointed out. They come in sufficient sizes and shapes to accommodate most patients' desires. Often times digital imaging can help in the decision making process when it comes to chin augmentation using an implant. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implants can make chin longer

+1

Yes, there are implants that increase the length of the chin.  We prefer silastic chin implants made by Implantech, which are available in various shapes and sizes.  To better meet the needs of each individual patient, the implant can be also be modified by your surgeon.  

VIDEO: longer chin implants

+1

Implants come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Sizers can be used to give you an impression of the final result. Implants can also be custom carved or stacked. Another option is the use of fillers.

Chin implant

+1

chin implants can elongate and widen your chin if indicated.  They are made of soft silicone and usually placed through a small external skin incision under the chin.  There are most complicated surgeries available including autogenous bone grafts. 

Christopher K. Livingston, MD