Do I need a chin implant, chin liposuction, or both?

I am 24 years old and have had this double chin for the last 5-6 years. I am extremely self-conscious about this and have decided that I need to do something about it. I have not had a formal consultation, but have done research online. Given my current state, what is required in order to have a prominent jaw line and get rid of the fat underneath my chin? I would prefer the least invasive option.

Chin implant, chin liposuction, or both?

+1

Looking at your photos, it appears you would obtain the best result from a chin implant and liposuction of the chin/neck area. A consultation would be necessary to give you the best advice. I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified facial plastic surgeon. He or she will be able to evaluate you in person and provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Chin implant and liposuction

+1

Your pictures are not easy to analyze, but the first one suggests that the chin projection is almost ideal that is it almost reaches the protrusion of your lower lip. The second picture you have the head tilted down which is misleading. Based on these I would recommend liposuction alone but hands on consult is what you should have.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant and neck liposuction

+1
A chin implant will give more projection to the front part of the mandible and will give better structural definition and facial balance. Removal of the fat underneath the neck also be complementary to the chin and will give the illusion of losing weight. 

Chin and lipo

+1
I believe you would have the most improvement with liposuction of the neck and either chin implant or advancement genioplasty. This would give you the best neck form. Good luck. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Chin implant versus liposuction or both

+1

thank you for the inquiry

Based on your photographs certainly I think liposuction would be of benefit when it comes to reaching her goal. In particular given her young age I think a laser assisted liposuction would be the best for him and the most effective because of my experience laser assisted liposuction doesn't nice job of contouring the jawline while also tightening the skin once the fat is removed.

Regarding a chin implant in some respects it may be useful to. Specifically, I would say a chin implant with lateral extensions to help define the jawline a little bit better would be useful while Demphasizing the projection of the chin itself. I'd say you have pretty good projection of the chin and most likely a bit of an underbite. Given this he don't want to create too much projection of the chin because it'll create a crease in between your lower lip and the chin itself and, again, you have fairly good projection already.

For what you trying to achieve these are the least invasive techniques available to them that they can be done under local anesthesia quite easily. Your downtime would be approximately 5-7 days with the possibility of needing a few extra days before going back to work if you're very private person.

In the end in person consultations and examinations are required so he have to take my comments with limited consideration until this is verified by a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. I'll attach a little bit of information about chin and neck liposuction

Thank you again

Chase Lay, MD

Double board certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant vs. neck liposuction, or both?

+1

Your pictures seem to indicate that both techniques should be considered. However there are other treatment options. First, you need to have your dental occlusion evaluated, because mal-occlusion should be fixed if present to prevent other problems such as T-M-J dysfunction later in life. Both can be resolved in one procedure - a genioplasty, which slides the jaw bone as well as the chin forward at the same time. The neck skin excess, if any, can be corrected by a new procedure called Thermi-RF which can tighten the skin by stimulating thermal contraction with an internal, superficial dermal probe. New innovative procedures like these solve our patients' problems faster, less expensively, and with less recovery time.

Maurice P. Sherman, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Based just on your photos, which are quite helpful, it is most likely you will get the maximum improvement by doing both. The implant will not correct the extra fat distorting your neck contour, and fat removal will not make the chin bone look larger.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Double nuck

+1

Based on the pictures posted, it does not seem you need a chin implant. After examination one needs to determine where you submental fat is , is it in the subcutaneous plane or it is sub-muscular or both. Based on the position of the fat surgery could be only liposuction or combined with removal of the sub-muscular fat or a combination

Samir Shureih MD.FACS

sshureih@msn.com

+1

I think that the combination of chin implant and chin liposuction will produce the most significant improvement for you.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuctions, chin implants, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

A Chin Implant and Neck Liposuction Would Improve Your Double Chin

+1

Based on your pictures, you have 2 anatomic issues:

1) You have a small and receded chin

2) You have excess fat in your neck

For these reasons, I would suggest both neck liposuction and a chin implant to get the best result. That being said, you could do either procedure alone with improvement, but if you were only going to do one, I would choose the chin implant.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon