Should I Have a Chin Implant or Chin Lipo?

I have a long but undefined neck. My chin is not big but not too small either. When u look at my profile sometimes u see a fat under chin. What defines the neck more a bigger chin or a lipo? What should I go for? I also need to contour my jawline can that be done with lipo? Thank you

Chin implant vs under chin liposuction

+1

In most cases, a chin implant if indicated, will make a more substantial improvement in your neck than lipo under the chin.  However, these 2 procedures complement each other and combined can yield a stunning improvement.

When to have chin liposuction versus chin augmentation

+1

Chin liposuction and chin augmentation are complimentary procedures and in some patients both may prove beneficial. It's impossible to saw which would be best in your case without seeing your neck.

Chin augmentation would allow your chin to project farther forward whereas liposuction would remove excess fatty tissue from under the chin and neck.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Chin implant or chin liposuction-depends on your anatomy

+1

Chin liposuction is helpful if you have a localized area of fat under your chin.  A chin implant will help improve the "projection" of the chin, with respect to the nose when looked at from the side (profile). Occasionally patients will benefit from a combination of both procedures.

A board certified plastic surgeon will be able to determine which procedure(s) is best for you once you are examined in person.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Chin implant vs chin lipo

+1

The chin implant and chin liposuction accomplish two different goals. The chin implant will give more definition to the anterior projection of the chin and jaw line creating a longer jaw line. Submental liposuction increases the contours of the neck below the jaw line. These operations compliment each other quite well and are very frequently done together. These can be done under either local or general anesthesia and will take approximately an hour and a half to perform.  

Neck Rejuvenation

+1

Unfortunately this is a difficult question to answer without a picture or in office exam.  Issues to consider:

1.  Chin bone retrusive: chin implant

2. Excess Fat in neck: liposuction

3. Loose skin or muscle in neck: Necklift

Paul S. Gill, MD

Neck contouring Questions

+1

It sounds like, from your description that liposuction is the right procedure for you.

Chin implants are necessary for patients with diminutive bone structure in the jaw. Without the underlying structure, there is nothing for the skin to drape accross and the neck line does not get defined.

However, it is usually obvious to both the patient and doctor that the chin is 'weak'.

If you feel that your chin in in the middle, it is likely sufficient to support the neck line after excess fat is removed with liposuction.

Best of luck

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant and/or neck liposuction

+1

You should be seen for examination and possible xrays to determine the best procedure for you.  Typically chin augmentation with neck liposuciton are complimentary. If you are unsure about the chin implant, you could undergo non-suirgical correction with fillers (SEE LINKED VIDEO BELOW).

Implant or lipo, That is the question

+1

Without a picture it is impossible to tell.  If the chin is receded then an implant would add length to the chin.  If the neck is fatty, then liposuction would be ideal.  Then again there are those patients that would benefit from both.  It all depends on your diagnosis.  

I would recommend either posting a photo or seeing a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon.  You will better understand your options and why.  They may also be able to do imaging to show you the effects of both.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster from Boca Raton

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

You can consult a reputable facial plastic surgeon about Chin Augmentation and Neck Liposuction Surgery.

+1

I read your concern. In general, it's straightforward to determine if you would benefit from Chin Implant Surgery or Neck Liposuction Surgery or both. Feel free to post or email a profile photo, along with a description, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Defining a Jaw Line

+1

How best to define a jawline really depends on the actual anatomy.  If you like your jaw line but want a little more definition, Ultherapy would be a great choice.  If there is a small amount of localized fat, limited liposuction can work great also.  I would recommend that you find someone that does all three procedures; they should be able to help you find the best solution.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon