Chin Implant Might Be to Big?

I had a cleft chin implant put in last week. The implant dimensions " 4.7 cm 1.3 cm 0.7 cm 1.0 cm 8.2 cm 0.5 cm. I feel maybe the implant might be too big, it gives off the appearance of a witch's chin. Please let me know from my before pictures, if this is swelling or just to big. projection is 7mm. I think the solution to this problem might be to fill in the top chin with filler, so things look flush ? Am open for solutions.

Appearance One Week after Chin Implant

+1

There is no "solution" for the appearance of your chin 1 week after placement of an implant other than be patient so you can evaluate the final result after the temporary swelling resolves. Hopefully, you will be satisfied. 

At one week post-op, your chin implant will still be "too large" because of swelling.

+1

Your photos are of minimal help in evaluating your chin, but thanks for trying. I believe I see a fairly retrusive chin that would benefit from a larger implant. The only dimension of importance is the additional projection achieved; the rest is just to "feather" the implant edges along your mandibular border.

At one week, you still have significant swelling, so I would encourage patience for now. Sleep with your head above heart level for a full three weeks (a sofa cushion under your mattress is a good way to do this) to help your body reabsorb swelling and allow gravity to drain it away from your face.

See how things look in a few weeks, but realize that it will take a few months to see your "final" result. Until then, you need no addition "solutions," and when/if you do, your surgeon can provide guidance along these lines. For 6 of my patients with chin implants, click on the link below. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Way to early to tell

+1

Chin implants always look huge one week after surgery.You have to wait atleast 2 months before you can make determinaation of the size. So be patient and you will most likely be rewarded.

Dr. Paul E. Chasan

Paul E. Chasan, MD
Del Mar Plastic Surgeon