Would a Chin Implant Benefit Me?

Hello I was wondering if a chin implant will help make my chin look more masculine and dominant.

Would a Chin Implant Benefit Me?

+1

A chin implant could be placed if the chin is weak, but it is a bit difficult to tell without the presence of the nose in the picture. In addition, jaw length in relation to the maxilla should be assessed as well.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin augmentation with silastic implant

+1

A chin implant will not change your appearance from frontal view greatly.  From the profile or side view, it will push your chin forward and give you a more masculine appearance.  That being said, without seeing the middle third and upper third of your face (nose and forehead), it's tough to assess what effect this will have on your overall attractiveness.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Would I benefit from a chin implant?

+1

A chin implant is a great way to improve the appearance of the profile and enhance the jawline. It appears you can benefit from a small chin implant. I would recommend contacting a board certified facial plastic surgeon for a consult. They may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you to give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Chin implant is an option

+1

From your photos that you submitted it looks like you could consider chin implantation to create more chin projection and a more masculine appearance.

You can read more about chin implants at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

NO Chin Needed

+1

Thanks for the pictures.  Obviously they are somewhat tilted but based on these photos I would NOT recommend a chin implant or chin surgery.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Chin Implant

+1

You want get a great benefit from a chin implant as you chin is set back. How do you teeth fit together? Imaging will show you the results before surgery.

David Ellis MD FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon
Art of Facial Surgery

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

A Chin Implant Can Be Helpful

+1

Yes, from your photos the face and chin can easily be balanced with a chin implant.  Chin implants are very predictable and can be implanted quite safely.  Your surgeon can show you exactly how you can benefit from this procedure.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

Implant for Weak Chin

+1

A chin implant will improve your masculine appearance and facial proportions. Surgery can be done under local anesthesia and recovery after this procedure is limited.

Strong jaws looks very masculine

+1

Yes a chin augmentation would make your chin look more prominant and masculine. This can be performed by placing and implant infront of the chin or by cutting the chin bone and sliding it forward. Both are good options but the implant is less invasive.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

The pictures shows a slight retrussive chin which can be treated with a  small Silastic chin implant.   A chin implant is inserted thru a submental approach and gives a nice augmentation to mostly  the anterior projection,  in addition to some mild improvement in the lateral width and vertical height to the  chin