Will a Chin Implant Benefit Me? (photo)

16 year old Male overweight I want to lnow if a chin implant would improve my profile, plus my neck seems to be connected to my chin help? Also would it improve my jawline. Sorry if pictures aren't as clear

Will a Chin Implant Benefit Me?

+1

A chin implant will improve the profile and bring the face into a better balance. The nose, lips, and chin will be aligned better in other words.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin implant

+1

In general, weight loss is a great first start. Looking at the photos you provided, it appears that you would benefit from a small chin implant. This will help define the jawline. I would recommend a consult with a board certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon. He or she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Chin implant to improve profile

+1

It does look like a chin implant could help to improve your profile. This would help with your neck line. You could consider a neck procedure as well depending on your anatomy. You mention that you are overweight; weight loss may help with the contour if the appearance is related to fatty deposits.

You can read more about chin implant surgery at my web reference link below:

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Will a Chin Implant Benefit Me?

+1

From your photos it seems a chin implant would look very nice on you. Based on an exam you may also want to consider some liposuction in the neck and/or shaving the anterior belly of the digastric muscles. Big anatomy words, but your surgeon will be able to discuss it with you at length.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Chin implant

+1

A chin implant improves a receeding chin and can make the neck look better with or without liposuction.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Weak chin profile

+1

The pictures demonstrate a weak chin profile which is best treated with a chin augmentation. Chin implants come and variety of sizes and shapes and which specific implant to be used is determined at the time of the consultation and examination. The chin implant  his inserted through a submental approach under local anesthesia

Chin implant candidate?

+1

I can't get a good look at your neck from your pictures, but it does appear that you may be a candidate for chin augmentation.  This type of procedure would strengthen your chin and make it more prominent.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon