Will Getting a Chin Implant Before Braces Result in a Protruding Chin?

I've been wanting to get braces for years now to correct my teeth and overbite. I am also self-conscious about my recessed chin and was contemplating getting a chin implant. If I got a chin implant, then decided to get braces afterwards -- will it be possible that my chin may protrude after I remove my braces? Thanks!

Chin implant and orthodontic braces

+1

It is acceptable to get the chin implant either before or after the braces. If your mandible is truly retrusive, your braces are not going to give your mandible further protrusion, however, the braces will straighten your teeth and overbite. 

Chin implant before or after braces

+1

Braces will generally have no effect on the projection of the chin prominence and therefore I do not see any reason why you should postpone the implant if you desire.