Is Jaw Botox Before or After Chin Implant Required?

Is Jaw Botox required before or after Chin Implantation? I've heard from a friend in the aesthetic industry that anybody undergoing chin implant should receive jaw botox first. By reversing procedures will make your face looks weird. Is this true? Does it mean after chin implantation, I can no longer go for jaw botox? Thanks.

Chin implant

+1

chin implant or augmentation with filler, such as Restylane, fat injeciton, etc. can improve the visible profile angle of the neck.

Botox not required in conjunction with Chin Implant

+1

No, that's not true at all.  I have done quite a few Chin Implants over the past 20 years and I don't use Botox in conjunction with Chin Implants, ever.  IMHO, this is an urban myth.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

BOTOX near facial implants

+1

Off label use of Botox injected near facial implants warrants caution as the inadvertent spread of the injected product through the implant cavity may cause unwanted effects some distance from the intended site.  If carefully placed and controlled, neurotoxin injections along the jaw can be effective to relax platysma and/or depressor muscles of the mouth.  Patients with implants should always inform their injection providers to avoid "surprises"

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Botox and chin Implants correct different problems

+1

Botox and chin implants are both used to correct specific problems, which can, but do not necessarily co-exist.  

Botox is commonly used to soften the appearance of prominent masseter muscles located at the angles of the jawbon.  Botox is also to soften the dimples in the skin overlying the chin (so called peau de orange or orange peel appearance), associated with a hyperactive mentalis muscle.

Chin implants are used to correct a weak jaw line or weak chin.  There are different types of jaw implants and even other procedures to correct a weak jawline which do not require artificial implants.  The best answer for you as an individual depends on your specific anatomy,  so consultation with a local facial plastic surgeon is certainly recommended.

It may make sense to use Botox around the time of chin implantation surgery, but it is my no means mandatory.  Your surgeon will have specific recommendations depending on your individual face and his/her surgical plan.  Chin implants certainly do not preclude future use of jawline Botox.

Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

That your friend is "in the industry" does not appear to make them well imformed.

+1

Jaw BOTOX is not required before having a chin implant.  The important issue is whether a chin implant is what you need to achieve your aesthetic goals.  Rather than diagnosis your own aesthetic issues, and seek treatment advise from non-qualified individuals, I recommend that you do your homework and consult with well qualified facial plastic or general plastic surgeons in your area who focus on this type of surgery.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com