Chin Implant Before or After Bicuspid Extractions?

Hi, I am planning to get a chin implant to fix my recessive chin. I also have lip incompetence which my orthodontist believes he can fix/reduce by extracting four bicuspids. I would prefer to get the chin implant done before the extractions but I am worried that the extractions will cause issues with the chin implant. Will bicuspid extractions in any way affect a chin implant?

Bicuspid extraction prior to chin implant

+1

It is better to get the bicuspid extractions performed first prior to the chin implant.  The lower roots of the bicuspid could be in close contact with the synthetic chin implant.

Chin Implant and Teeth Extraction Sites Not Related

+1

There is no coorelation between chin augmentation and the teeth extractions. With tooth removal and orthodontic pullbaclk of the dentition, there will be no change in perception of your existing chin position. There is also no anatomic connection between the chin implant site and the extraction sites.

Web reference: http://www.eppleychinaugmentation.com