Would I Need a Chin Implant and Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am 14 yrs old and very self conscience about my weak chin and a slight bump on my nose but I'm not sure if a chin implant (and or) rhinoplasty would fix my problem?

Would I Need a Chin Implant and Rhinoplasty?

+2

You are a candidate for both a chin implant and rhinoplasty - what is often referred to as profileplasty as it improves the balance of a person's face most notably on profile view. You don't need either procedure performed, however. I would discuss your concerns with your parents and ensure that they are supportive of your desires. If they support your decision and you have reasonable expectations with regard to what surgery can achieve, then seek a consultation with a facial plastic surgery expert. Look at their pre- and post-surgery photos for patients with similar faces and similar concerns. Ensure that you like the results and trust the surgeon and the office. If you still want to move forward and your parents support the decision, then go for it. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving facial proportions with chin augmentation

+1

A combination of chin augmentation and rhinoplasty would improve the proportions of your profile, and the relationship between your forehead, nose and chin.  These two procedures are frequently performed in concert because the nose and the chin play such interrelated roles in determining facial harmony.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

+1

Please share this answer with your parents since you are under 18 years of age.  Yes, from the photos provided a Rhinoplasty to refine the nose and chin augmentation with a chin implant would seem reasonable when you are a bit older.

+1

Basede obn the side view posted photo you could benefit from rhinoplasty and chin implant. But at your age you need parental approval. Best to see IN PERSON a few boarded surgeons with a parent. 

Chin Augmentation and Possible Rhinoplasty

+1

Your profile picture shows a greater need for chin augmentation than a rhinoplasty in just this one view. To further answer your questions about facial options, you need to go see a plastic surgeon with your parents and get a computerized facial imaging analysis of what changes rhinoplasty and chin augmentation can do.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin surgery and rhinoplasty

+1

You would benefit from chin surgery.   I would recommend an advancement genioplasty.  The rhinoplasty will be subtle but give good harmony with the chin surgery.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Chin Implant and Rhinoplasty

+1

You do not "need" either but either or both of these procedures would improve your appearance. With your parents approval and support consult with an experienced facial aesthetic surgeon.