Chin Implant and Rhinoplasty Questions?

I got a chin implant(inside my mouth incision was made) & a rhinoplasty on october 16th so today is day 17! I can not smile still it looks akward when can i smile normally again? And also none of my stitches have dissolved why is that? When will my nose stop hurting from pressure and stop being really sensitive?

Chin implant and rhinoplasty questions

+1

It is not abnormal for your nose to be sensitive for the first few weeks following surgery, and this should resolve itself shortly. I would recommend discussing these concerns with your surgeon during a follow-up, as he/she knows the extent of your procedures and exactly what was performed. Thank you and best of luck!

Rhinoplasty surgery and Chin augmentation

+1

Dear nishra,

• You should really go back to your surgeon with these concerns
  • You just want to make sure there isn't an infection or anything else

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Post Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation Recovery

+1

Dear Nishra, I would suggest seeing your surgeon for frequent follow up appointments to discuss your concerns. Hopefully your surgeon can bring you some peace of mind regarding this process. Typically at 17 days post surgery you should have minimal discomfort with the rhinoplasty procedure and just sensitivity to touch during normal procedures like washing the face etc. With the chin implant you will need your surgeon to check the placement and make sure everything is healing fine and then with examination discuss your limitations with your normal function of smiling. I hope this is helpful and I wish you a quick recovery and lot's of smiles! Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD