Would a Chin Implant and Rhinoplasty Improve a Masculine Male Frontal Profile/

I'm a 18 year old male. I have a very boyish feminine face. I have been thinking over the past year about going for a rhinoplasty (my nose is a little bit too large for my face and flat at the tip) and possibly a chin implant to have a more masculine square jaw. I have a large jaw but a small rounded chin. I am looking for frontal profile facial harmony would my face be a good candidate for a chin implant or is there another recommendation to fix a weak chin?

Facial masculinization

+1

Your posted photos are inadequate for analysis. You need to post frontal views without smiling and a side view. If your chin is not retruded on side view I would not recommend a chin implant. Adding some frontal bossing may be helpful. Growing a beard or mustache may due more than surgery.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

+1

A chin implant with extensions to widen the appearance may be appropriate as well as rhinoplasty.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin implant and rhinoplasty

+1

While it is not uncommon to perform a rhinoplasty and chin augmentation at the same time, it's difficult to tell from your pictures if you would be a good candidate for either procedure.  It would be important to see profile views and views when your face is at rest to get a better idea if either surgery would possibly be of benefit to you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant and rhinoplasty performed together

+1

The combination of a rhinoplasty and chin implant is very common in our practice. Both procedures were performed simultaneously under general anesthesia. The chin implants  come in a variety of sizes and shapes which is best terminated at time of consultation and examination.  The chin implant is inserted through small submental incision and placed directly over the bone. It can be custom carved, if necessary by the surgeon. The rhinoplasty procedure will involve incisions on the inside of the nose to reshape and redefine tip, the bridge,and the nasal bones. Virtual plastic surgery software as available on our website for you to try out to give yourself an idea of what might be accomplished with a combination of rhinoplasty and chin implant.