Chin Implant and Neck Lipo, Platysmaplasty and Lipo or Lose Weight? (photo)

I have seen three board certified doctors about my double chin & wanting a sharper, more scultped jaw line. The first doctor is a general plastic surgeon (does body and face) and he suggested auqa lipo with Thermage for tightening. The other two doctors (facial plastic surgeons) said procedures such as Thermage do nothing. They both suggested chin implant & lipo. I'm 39, worried about my skin sagging after the lipo, and read here that a necklift fixes that. Based on my photos, please help.

Chin Implant and Laser Lipo Not Thermage For Neck Fat

+3

Thank you for your question. Thermage, Ulthera and other external non surgical options will not give you the result that you want.

A chin implant will improve your jawline. I use Laser Assisted Liposuction because I believe it adds skin tightening that I do not get with standard non laser Liposuction.

I cannot tell from your photo whether or not you have any bands on your neck. Your surgeon should check for Platysmal Bands. If you have them then a Platysmaplasty or Neck lift with de fatting is your best option.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/non-surgical-procedures/laser-double-chin-removal-the-nonsurgcal-neck-lift/

Chin Augmentation and Liposuction for Neck Improvement

+2

You would do well with a chin implant and liposuction. I would not worry about loose skin afterwards. You are young enough that the potential for good skin tightening after liposuction is there. If you want to hedge your bet on neck skin tightening, do Thermage, Exilis etc on the neck beginning one month after the procedure.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Chin Implant and Neck Lipo, Platysmaplasty and Lipo or Lose Weight?

+1
Chin implant and liposuction will probably be suitable options.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures and chin implants each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Chin-Implant.php

Neck Lipo and Chin Implant

+1

I would say you are great candidate for liposuction and a chin implant.  Thermage is effective 15% of the time so if you can get a guarantee on it I might try that first but other wise I would stick with the sure thing.  Your loose skin will retract without any trouble.

Dr. Kearney

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant andinal liposuction.

+1

A chin implant and minimal liposuction may be enough for now.  If the skin has very poor elasticity a mini liftay be needed but you can wait for the results and have a neck lift if the skin does not contract later. 

+1

Aesthetically speaking, you have  a weak chin with excess fatty tissue of the neck and some skin laxity.  Chin Augmentation with a Chin Implant, micro-liposuction of the neck and an ellipse removal of skin, below the chin, would provide a nicely contoured neck and a balanced lower face.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

+1

Great question and excellent posting of your photos. I agree that Termage is not to helpful. I recommend a plan of Smart lipo+lipo first to see if the tightening and fat reduction effect are attained to YOUR satisfaction. Than if you desire a more "tight" look than consider a mini neck lift. Best of luck