Is Getting a Chin Implant and Fat Transfer Normal for a Chin Augmentation?

I've already had 3 chin implants and unfortunately it does not look normal. I have these dents on the side of my chin that look horrible. My doctor is wanting to place fat to fill the dents. I am very scarred cause I know with fat it could be permanent. Also, there is maintenance every 5 years. Does this happen sometimes or was I not a chin implant candidate? I also want to do imaging before doing this and the doctor is not feeling its necessary. He is very famous and good but i am scared.

Chin implant revision

+1

Having 3 different chin implant surgeries is unusual.  To correct small dents with fat is a good technique.  Revising the shape of the implant is another.  There are many different shapes and styles.  It may be you just need a more extended implant.  Work with your plastic surgeon.  I'm sure he or she wants to make you happy also.

Mobile Plastic Surgeon

You may be a candidate for an Injectable Filler treatment to improve the dents on the side of your chin after Chin Implant.

+1

I read your concerns. Three chin implant surgeries is unusual, and I'm sure there is an explanation for each procedure. If you are seeing indentations on both sides of your chin, where the implant ends and your jowl begins, you may benefit from an Injectable Filler treatment. My personal preference in this area is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. Fat grafting may be beneficial, but this may involve a higher cost and more downtime.

You may want to ask your question again and include photos for the RealSelf community of experts to see and comment on.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon