Chin Implant - 29 y/o Male

Hi, im a 29 yr old man that has been considering chin augmentation. For the most part I am totally happy with everything except for my chin. I have a little goate that I grew since high school and never shaved totally off because I am self councious of my chin. I feel like it receedes and would benefit from a chin implant. Finally, I got a consultation with a Doctor and he told me I would benefit from a small medium chin implant. The more I talked to him, the more it seemed like he was trying to talk me into it, even saying that I am better than a good canidate for the procedure. I also am not looking to change my look but just enhance it a little so, really dont want to look different just with better chin (subtle change and im happy). Is it possible? I would take off from work for 10 days and would like to go back without anybody knowing. Would I benefit from one? Also wouldn't want friends and family to know. I would stay with my girlfriend for awhile till everything heals. Please give your honest opinion. Thanks

Chin Implant

+1

You appear to be an excellent candidate for a prejowl chin implant. I strongly suggest you have liposuction of the neck at the same time.

Good chin augmentation candidate

+1

You do sound like you would be a good candidate for chin implantation. It sounds like you have reasonable expectations regarding the hopeful outcome as well. A more dramatic result could probably be attained with neck liposuction to improve the fullness in the area, but it sounds like you'd prefer more subtle results so chin implantation alone would work well for your goals.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/chin-augmentation

You appear to be a good candidate for Chin Implant Surgery.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photo:

You may consider adding chin projection with a chin implant. This may improve your profile and strengthen the appearance of your chin. You may want to consider neck liposuction at the time of your chin implant surgery. This would enhance the results of your implant and improve your jaw-line, without looking "different". Your surgeon could show you what to expect with computer imaging.

Your downtime after chin implant +/- neck liposuction would be around 8-10 days.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4241

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I have a Chin Implant?

+1

You do look like a good candidate for a medium sized anatomical chin implant.  The surgery is safe and relatively easy with little downtime.  You seem very reasonable with realistic expectations. 

There are two approaches to placing chin implants: through the mouth or from a small incision under the chin. Both give nice results, but in your case, because you usually wear a goete the small scar under your chin would be virtually invisible and also give the lowest chance of infection (which is slightly more common with an oral approach).

I don't think you will be disappointed.  Good luck.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

From the picture you posted, you seem to be a good candidte for chin augmentation.

If you are hesitant about your first consult see another BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY) , Look up Dr. Gary Brownstein he is in cherry Hill NJ. accross the river and operates in Phlli.

Chin implant is very safe, subtle, and effective.

+1

Hi.

1)  You really sound like a good candidate (because your expectations are so realistic), and you look like a good candidate.  Specially in a man, a little strengthening of the chin can make you look subtly better, because a strong jaw is more important in men.

2)  It is important to use an anatomical implant that hugs your jaw line, and not just a "button" in front.  Best results are when the chin implant is put in through a very short scar under the chin, and NOT through the mouth.  The scar fades and is not an issue.  Also the exact size of the implant should be determined during surgery.  We put in different sterile disposable implant sizers in your chin to see which looks best before actually opening the real implant.

3)  It also looks like you might benefit with a little liposuction under the chin at the same time.