Am I a candidate for a chin implant at age 17, male? (photo)

Hi, I am a 17 yr old male and am wondering if I am a good candidate for a chin implant. My dentist said I have a class 1 bit so I dont think my teeth alignment is an issue. I think I have a very weak chin and feel that a chin implant may help my appearance. I doubt my parents would favour the idea of this but I would like to get it done before college. Is 17 too young to undergo this procedure?

Is a chin implant ok at 17

+1
At 17, you need parental consent.}
You are a good candidate for a chin implant.
You can have surgery without parental consent at 18.

Am I a candidate for a chin implant at age 17, male?

+1
Yes, you are a candidate for a chin implant.  The purpose of the chin implant is for projection to the chin to balance the lower half of the face.

Chin implant candidate?

+1
From your photo, you do appear to be a good candidate for chin augmentation, although you would need to be examined in person to be certain.  There are many different styles and sizes of chin implants that could be used and you could determine the best one for you at a consultation with your surgeon.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1
At 17, you could have either sliding genioplasty or chin implant to enhance your profile. Sometimes with Cl Occlusion, there s still problems with jaw. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin implant candidate

+1
A chin implant is placed when there is a recessive chin present and poor projection of the mandible. The chin implants are composed of Silastic, are inserted under local anesthesia through a sub mental approach.