Chin Implant on 16 Year Old Female Possible?

My 16 year old daughter has always been extremely self-conscious about her chin, and she is now thinking about getting a chin implant. I've included a photo of her side profile - would she be a good candidate for this?

She is emotionally very strong and mature, but is she physically too young (if so, what is a suitable age for a chin implant)? Thanks, Robyn

Chin Implant

+2

16 years of age for girls is ok to have a chin implant. Based on her side profile photo, your daughter appears to be a good candidate for a chin implant. It would balance out her profile nicely. Thank you, and I hope this helps answer your question.

Dr. Nassif

Chin Implant in Young Patients

+1

Until your daughter is a bit older and her facial structure is fully developed, I would recommend holding off on something permanent and surgical. If she is absolutely wanting to change the side profile of her face, you could try the non-surgical chin augmentation. Using Radiesse (a substance made of calcium hydroxyapatite, the same material as bone and teeth) a doctor can create a longer chin for a sleeker profile view and longer chin. The chin lasts about 6 months to a year. The cost is significantly less, and there no pain, anesthesia, or recovery. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Chin implantation at 16 years old

+1

A chin implant could be considered at this stage in your daughter. It's important to realize that if she has dental occlusion issues (i.e., her tooth allignment is off) oral surgery may be something to consider instead as this treats both things.

It's important to consult with a few surgeons to see what options you have. I find that in-office computer morphing is invaluable in deciding what level of chin augmentation is desired.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD