Chin Implant Slippage

I had a solid silicon chin implant inserted 6 years ago. Yesterday, I felt a sharp pain in my chin while eating some beef jerky. Today, I still feel some minor pain but look more or less the same. Is it possible that the implant slipped?

Chin implant movement and asymmetry

+1

Chin implants are not likely to slip out, but there is a finite risk of extrusion of a chin implant if there is trauma to the area.  I would seek an expert examination and opinion. 

Chin Implant

+1

you need to see a Plastic surgeon and have a consultation and an examination before a proper diagnosis can be given

It's unlikely your chin implant moved 6 years after your surgery.

+1

I'm not sure why you experienced pain by your chin implant after eating beef jerkey. If there is any visible swelling or pain to touch, then you should see your surgeon for evaluation. I hope you find this helpful.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon