10 months post op of Chin Implant, is it safe to get chin fillers for extra length and projection?

I had a chin implant placed 10 months ago and I am still wanting a more prominent chin. Is it safe/possible to get chin fillers for some extra length and projection?

Fillers After Chin Implant

+1
Certainly from a timeline standpoint it is okay to have fillers. I believe you will be dissatisfied with fillers to increase the projection of your chin. Sounds like that reevaluation of the current implant is needed and possible replacement for an implant that is more projecting to improve your facial profile and contours.

Fillers after chin implant

+1
You should be OK with fillers.  Let the doctor doing the fillers know you have a chin implant.  If a lot is needed I would recommend a larger implant.  Fillers are best for touch ups in my opinion.   Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Fillers after chin implant

+1
There is absolutely no contra-indication to inject fillers after having had chin implants especially 10 months post op. The only limiting factor is swelling which has resolved by that time and typically can take up to several months. In case of swelling it will be difficult to gage the amount of filler to be injected since it can still change after the swelling changes.

Daria Hamrah, DMD
Mc Lean Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

10 months post op of Chin Implant, is it safe to get chin fillers for extra length and projection

+1
There is no issue having fillers 10 months following a chin implant.  It should not cause any problems.

Fillers

+1
Adding a filler (my preference is lipograft/fat) is an excellent idea.  First and foremost it can be done in the office with minimal local and you, the patient, can participate in the decision of how much volume and where to put the volume and do it all in the upright position which is paramount to achieving the result you desire.  Furthermore, a lot of times the "perfect" implant(size adn/or shape) does not exist and injects with a filler allows the surgeon to "adjust" the result.  However, I share the concern of my colleague that all the swelling should be gone before the injection.  Also, keep in mind if you choose a temporary filler the fix will be temporary.  I wish you the best.

Timothy M. McGee, MD

Are fillers okay for chin 10 months after chin implant?

+1
I do not see a problem with using fillers for the chin 10 months after placement of a chin implant.  Assuming that all of your swelling has resolved, your chin should be able to be evaluated and the filler used without a problem.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon