Chin Fillers?

I have a slight asymmetry and weakness in my chin that I have consulted a plastic surgeon for. I was seeing the plastic surgeon for a rhinoplasty which I'll be having surgery for soon. The doctor decided not to do the chin surgery because it's not that bad and he believes the nose surgery will help the look of my chin. My question is about non-surgical chin fillers. Is this safe? Will it be able to fill in the side of my chin that's slightly asymmetric and give me the slight projection I want?

Chin fillers

+2

Radiesse is one of my favorite products for the chin.  You can absolutely use Radiesse as a non-surgical chin "implant" and also to correct chin asymmetry.  If you have a muscular chin, you may need a touch of Botox to relax the mentalis and lengthen the chin.  It can be a fabulous result without a surgery!

Chicago Dermatologist

Radiesse works very well for chin asymmetry

+2

Radiesse injection is a simple procedure that can make a big difference for mild chin asymmetry.  They are very safe and based on your questions, a good idea for what you desire.  Radiesse is not permanent and you will need to have the procedure repeated, most likely every year.  There are semi-permanent fillers such as Artefill, which can work well for this purpose, but I would try a temporary filler first.  The other option would be fat grafting, using your own fat as a filler, which can be permanent as well.  Best of luck and thank you for your question.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Fillers are great for improving chin symmetry

+1

Filers are a great way to improve chin contour irregularities, volume loss, and symmetry differences. My favorite choice is a volumizing filler like Radiesse, but other filler choices are also good. The choice depends on specific circumstances determined by a consultation.

Botox can also be a great partner to filler for relaxing active chin muscle or relaxing a downturned mouth corner.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Chin Fillers

+1

Yes, It is safe. If you go to board certified plastic surgeon. It will definitely help with your asymmetry. 

Gordon M. Kaplan, MD
Fort Lee Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse can be used to fill the chin

+1

Radiesse can absolutely create long lasting chin augmentation. In cases of asymmetry, Radiesse has a relative advantage over implants as it can be custom-placed, and touched up, to achieve the best symmetry possible.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse in the Chin

+1

Yes, Radiesse is perfect for your situation.  Please make sure you go to an experienced injector for this type of treatment.  If done right, you will love your results.  Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens                 Marina Plastic Surgery Associates         Marina del Rey, CA The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Radiesse for non surgical chin augmentation?

+1

Radiesse is a great choice for non surgical chin augmentation. It can be injected where needed to achieve improved symmetry and volume. As always, choose a skilled provider for this procedure.

Sam Naficy, MD

Chin augmentation Radiesse

+1

Dear idozer855,

• Radiesse is great for temporary chin augmentation
  • It can be precisely injected and molded to avoid asymmetries afterwards

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Radiesse for Chin Asymmetry

+1

Radiesse injected onto the points of bony deficiency or asymmetry for a conservative chin augmentation works very well.

Rhinoplasty & Chin Augmenation...A Good Match

+1

Rhinoplasty is often combined with chin augmenation to restore facial balance. They are a very effective combination if appropriate. I would discuss your concern further with your surgeon, because this is a very straight forward procedure to have performed during your rhinoplasty.  It can also be done after the rhinoplasty in the office under local anesthesia.  An implant or radiesse can be used safely. Best wishes!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon