Best Treatment for Chin Dimpling and Marionette Lines?

My chin (and hands but that's another story) is what somewhat gives my age away. What is the best treatment? Restylane, Juvederm, Botox/Dysport or a combination?  Restylane SubQ or Perlane?

I live in Melbourne, AU and it's expensive so I don't want to needlessly spend money, not to mention I don't want to have to go through bruising more than once.

Could you let me know how long such injections are expected to last? I am not overweight and do not have any sagging skin.

My choice? Botox and Radiesse or Evolence

+2

For chin dimpling, I use Botox into the mentalis. It is less likely to diffuse than Dysport, so the risk of lip asymmetry is reduced. For marionette, I combine Botox into the DAO and either Evolence or Radiesse to reshape the area. These are my choices because they are more stiff and structural than HA fillers. If these are not in Australia, I'd opt for Restylane because it is a bit stifffer than Juvederm.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Combination treatment

+1

I recommend using Botox for chin dimpling.  For the marionette lines, I would recommend either Juvederm, Restylane, or Radiesse.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Fillers

+1

Fillers can last 9 months to a year with some products like Perlane, and Juvederm ultra plus.  They are great products.

Botox is great for chin dimpling

+1

I have used Botox for chin dimpling for years and it is extremely easy and usually provides great results. For the marionette lines, you can use a multitude of fillers, and usually the goal is to find the one that works best and lasts the longest for you. I prefer Juvederm or Radiesse, but several others may possibly do the job as well. Good luck.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't settle for inferior products.

+1

Dear Julie

I prefer a combination approach to the chin area. Fillers are fantastic for the DAO area (prejowl sulcus) and the chin. Dimpling can also be benefited with fillers as well but a little BOTOX is also helpful. In terms of fillers, I favor Perlane because it will last up to a year and a half. Radiesse is ok for this application but Radiesse can't be modified if for some reason it lumps or there is an issue with the product. For the same reason, I find it hard to advocate for the use of any filler product that is not made from hyaluronic acid. The enzyme hyaluronidase can be used to modify the treamtment for any reason until the product disappears from the face. This inherent flexibility make all other filler product distant also rans. Don't accept a product that is touted as being permanent or semipermanent. Your face changes over time and exactly where you will need help will also change. I think in many ways these filler services accomplish things that can't be accomplished with facial surgery.

Six units of Botox are great for chin dimpling.

+1

Hi! Botox has to be injected just in the right place to avoid problems with lip motion, but it works well and lasts 4 months, and should not cost much since it is just a few units.

For marionette lines, both Restylane and Juvederm work well. Use whichever your doctor is most experienced with. In Manhattan, we are using more Juvederm; it lasts longer.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Marionette Line, Chin Rejuvenation...What is Best Treatment?

+1

Hi Julie

Good day. Fillers such as Radiesse, Evolence, Restylane, and Juvederm are all excellent products to restore volume to the marionette lines, chin, and pre-jowl area. If your skin is dimpling (like an orange peel), then a little Botox would be beneficial.

The best thing that you can do for yourself is to take your time in choosing facial cosmetic physician.

Enjoy lovely Melbourne and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

More informatin needed.

+1

The injectable fillers are not permanent, so you will have to go through multiple procedures for upkeep.

Depending on your facial proportions, including jaws/teeth, you may do well with a chin inplant.

The marionette lines can be helped with fillers, but you may do better with a lower face lift.

Other options may include skin resurfacing.

Just some things to think about .

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD