Chin, Cheek, and Jaw Gone Horribly Wrong - Too Soon for Revision?

5 weeks ago had chin, cheek, and jaw angles. Cheeks perfect. Chin implant asymmetrical because surgeon (well-known) shaved one side square, not the other. Don't know why. Both he and I agreed post-op I prob need still larger chin implant altogether. Both jaw implants moved forward, one out of pocket, through stitching, pokes into my mouth! A disaster. Surgeon wants to remove AND replace next week...too soon? I also want him to revise chin with larger implant. Fair for me to pay or not?

Multiple facial implants with problems

+2

Talk closely with your surgeon, especially if he is a reputable surgeon.  An exposed implant is not good.

Costs vary and are usually defined in advance of the surgery.  Often the costs of OR and anesthesia are charged and no surgeon's fees, but everybody is different.

Problems with Ckeek,Chin, and Jaw Implants

+1

The exposed implant should be removed ASAP. You should consider removing the opposite jaw implant at the same time. Wait several months for replacement of the jaw implants and revision of the chin implant. It is unlikely the surgeonwill charge you.

Issues with Jaw Implant

+1

IMHO, no matter what else you wind up doing, the Jaw Implant, that's stitcking out into your mouth, should be removed ASAP.  Saliva from your mouth is contacting this implant and a resultant infection is highly likely beacuse saliva has such a high bacterial count.  When discussing the removal of the jaw implant, with the surgeon who placed them, ask abou changing the Chin Implant.

+1

Thanks for posting your photos and sorry for your post operative issues. I recommend immediate removal of any exposed implant, like now! As for the un exposed implants you can leave in or remove, your choice. If it were me I would remove ALL the implants, allow 3 months healing or more than try again. I also might seek other in person opinions. As for additional fees, up to surgeon's policy. 

Exposed Implant, Assymetrical chin implant.

+1

You need the exposed implant address immediately.   The chin needs a discussion between you and your surgeon.  You should be able to work this out.  I wish you gook luck in the future.  Things can happen but good reputable surgeons take care of them and I am suure yours will.  My Best

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Facial implants

+1

Your jaw implant is exposed therefore potentialy contaminated. Remove OT REPLACEnces of infection is very high. Can be replaced in about 6 month after all is healed.

Chin and cheek surgery, etc. with poor results.

+1

It is too soon to revise--it may change over time and it is swollen now. Replacing the implant charge is up to the surgeon. He will probably do it without cost.