Chin Augmentation, Chin Liposuction Lumps? Bumps?

I am 18 year old and I'm booked to have surgery soon. I am getting a medium anatomical chin implant & chin liposuction. I've done some research and found that a common side effect of chin liposuction are lumps, bumps & small line-like indentations. I'm very healthy (in terms of diet, exercise, and overall health) and I have relatively thick skin (as a result of my middle eastern ethnicity). Is it reasonable (given my health, ethnicity, age, etc.) that i should have these concerns?

Chin Augmentation and Chin Liposuction

+1

Dear Abby,

While these side effect have been reported this should not be the fact when the procedure is done properly in the hands of a skilled and experienced surgeon. I have been doing liposuction since it's conception and wrote the first medical textbook for surgeons on the subject. A lot has been learned over twenty plus years and many surgeons are more experienced in this field then ever before. Sub mental liposuction should not leave you with bumps, lumps or indentations when done properly.

Chin Augmentation and Liposuction - No Lumps and Bumps in most cases

+1

Although there can be complications with any surgery including the "lumps and bumps" you described, in general this would not be the case in most patients. The key to having a great result is to go to a board certified specialist with lots of experience in this surgery.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Chin augmentation liposuction

+1

I am interpreting you question to mean chin augmentation with neck (sub mental) liposuction which should enhance your profile....in experienced hands it is unlikely that you will have noticeable irregularities from the lipo as this is a shadow or low light area.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon