Can I Get a Chin Augmentation if I Have Keloids?

I was looking to get a chin augmentation done, but the problem is that I have keloids, one of my doctors thinks. I attached a picture of the Keloid ear and the other ear because they look the same and the piercing I have in my left ear was thought to be the cause of the scar. One doctor told me I have keloids and the other told me I have funny shaped ears. My question is if I do have keloids is it safe to have this procedure done? And will doing a intro-oral incision reduce chances of keloids?

Chin Augmentation and Keloids

+1

Intra-oral incision and implant placement would avoid the problem of possible keloids.

"Dr.D"

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Augmentation in Patient with Keloid Scars

+1

Keloids occasionally form after ear piercing in African American patients but are very rare on other parts of the face. An intra-oral incision would avoid the problem of keloids, but I would still recommend an incision under your chin for implant placement because of the advantages of this approach.