Can I Get a Chin Augmentation if I Have Keloids?

I was looking to get a chin augmentation done, but the problem is that I have keloids, one of my doctors thinks. I attached a picture of the Keloid ear and the other ear because they look the same and the piercing I have in my left ear was thought to be the cause of the scar. One doctor told me I have keloids and the other told me I have funny shaped ears. My question is if I do have keloids is it safe to have this procedure done? And will doing a intro-oral incision reduce chances of keloids?

Chin Augmentation and Keloids

Intra-oral incision and implant placement would avoid the problem of possible keloids.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Augmentation in Patient with Keloid Scars

Keloids occasionally form after ear piercing in African American patients but are very rare on other parts of the face. An intra-oral incision would avoid the problem of keloids, but I would still recommend an incision under your chin for implant placement because of the advantages of this approach.