Chin Augmentation/implant- Am I a Good Candidate?

I have a small chin that is characteristic of the connective tissue disorder by which I am affected. I wonder if I am a viable candidate for some sort of chin + jawline augmentation and if so which procedures would give me the best results.

Need for a chin augmentation and neck lift

+1

From your photos, it is clear that you would need both a small chin augmentation (with a chin implant) and a neck lift involving liposuction and muscle contouring. Performing either procedure alone will not adequately address your issues.

You are a good candidate for chin implant!

+1

Dear Ann, After reviewing your photograph I believe that your problem is two fold. I would suggest a small chin implant with neck liposuction done through a small incision under the chin. This would give you a greatly improved profile and would be achieved with limited downtime and minimal surgery. I often use a imaging computer in my office that can show you the proposed results and perhaps you can find a surgeon in your area that has one. I find it to be an ideal tool especially in this particular surgery. I hope this helps you in your decision making. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

You appear to be a good candidate for Chin Implant Surgery and Neck Liposuction.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your profile photo. Your neck, chin projection, and jawline may be improved by well-performed Chin Implant Surgery and Neck Liposuction. You would have little downtime (around a week), and you may see significant improvement.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

You are a candidate for chin augmentation with...

+1

...Neck lifting!  A chin implant alone is likely to underwhelm; combined with a skilled necklift (performed via the same chin implant incision) you are likely a great candidate for tremendous profile improvement. I wish you the best of luck - you are a setup for a drastic improvement!

Bes,t

Mike Nayak

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

Looks to me like your neck is the problem. You need either a neck lift or neck liposuction.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

+1

The major problem as seen in the photograph is the full neck.

A full examination of the bite, and mandible. The connective tissue disease may be responsible for the accumolation of fat in the neck (steroids?).

You will need removal of subcutaneous fat bt liposuction, then removal of the deeper fat (subplatysmal fat). and repair of the muscle. may be a neck lift.

After that you may or may not need the implant.

Chin Implant is only one of the options

+1

Dear Ann,  Your chin shape can be changed with an implant or by adjusting the bone (genioplasty), BUT

• Your photograph gives the appearance of a fairly straight facial convexity angle (see below).
  •  It is possible that moving your chin forward would not be ideal. 
  • Consider a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who can evaluate:
  1. your overall goals 
  2. how your teeth fit together, and
  3. options for your neck ( when viewed from the front and side)

Best Wishes

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a chin implant

+1

You would look nice with a chin implant and a neck lift.  The neck lift will remove the extra fat and tighten the muscles and give you a deeper more angular neck.  You could even do the neck lift WITHOUT THE CHIN IMPLANT because it will make the chin stronger by itself.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

VIDEO: Chin Augmentation/implant- Am I a Good Candidate? Check out teeth, skin, fat and bone

+1

It is best to get an oral examination first to assess your dentition and occlusion first. This will help determine if bone surgery (osteotomy) is a preferred method of chin augmentation as an alternative to an implant. However, you will also benefit from a soft tissue operation such as liposuction or neck lift depending in skin laxity. Non-surgical augmentation can be achieved with fillers