Chin Augmentation with Filler or Implant? (photo)

Hello, I am a 29 year old female, I have always been unhappy with my profile. I believe more protrusion with my chin would help to balance my features. I have heard of radiesse or other fillers for a small change, fat transfer, or implants. I am looking to make a small but helpful change. Would you please suggest which method would be best and how much should be added?

Chin augmentation with filler or implant?

+1

A filler can be used to augment the chin. The pros associated with attempting to augment the chin with filler are as follow:

1) Non-invasive
2) Quick
3) Reverisble
4)  No down time
5)  More affordable in the short run
6)  Great for chin needing subtle changes

The advantages of the implant:

1)  Permanent
2)  Short downtime
3)  More affordable in the long run
4)  Better for chins on the smaller side

Many times with patients, I will start with an augmentation with a filler to see if the patient is happy with the results.  If they are pleased, then we can move forward with a chin implant.  Some chins are so small, that a filler will not be adequate to correct the profile.  In these instances, I would recommend a chin implant from the onset.

I hope this helps!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant. Most natual results

+1

In my opinion the anatomically shaped chin implants give the most natural looking results. The fact that they are permanent is just a bonus.The procedure is safe and relatively painless.In your case a small anatomic chin implant would look great and maintain your very feminine profile. If cost is an issue then a filler is certainly less expensive at least initially.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Augmentation with Filler or Implant?

+1

Most likely your best bet would be a chin implant which is the only permanent option.  You most likely already know that fillers such as Juvederm  and Restylane will only last 6 to 9 months, and fat grafting could last 5 years or longer.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to make suggestions, and give you the pros and cons of each. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant should make you Happy

+1
After reviewing your photographs I would suggest a small chin implant to add the proper balance to your facial features. Aesthetically speaking your lower lip should line up with the projection of your chin. You could try a filler first and see if you like this augmentation and it would give you an estimation of the anticipated surgical result. I personally use a computer analysis that allows the consulting patient to see their proposed surgical result. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

+1

Thanks for the photos. I would try a filler first to see if you like the augmentation. Than you can decide if fat or an implant.