Chin Augmentation with Filler over an Existing Chin Implant?

I had a chin implant (extended anatomical conform chin implant, large size, from a famous American company, dont' know if I can say the name) on February 26th here in Italy.

No pain at all after surgery but as the swelling is starting to fade I can notice that there's no appreciable augmentation,well some yes but at least not what I expect from a large implant. How can this be possible? I checked all the other shapes and sizes and it would not have made a big difference (there are several).

Can filler help? Can it be injected on a recently placed implant?

Pictures: left - before op, middle - morph, right - actual result.

Thanks!

Chin enlargement dissatisfaction

+2

You are indeed very soon after your surgery.

Your after result shows a big difference. If it is not sufficient, you may want to consider having the surgery redone with a larger implant; there are many available, rather than do filler for the rest of your life.

No filler over chin implant until fully healed

+1

According to the picture shown, you do have a large chin implant. There is still obvious swelling in the chin area, so the extent of augmentation cannot be determined for at least a couple of months after surgery. A large chin implant should be enough of an augmentation for your protrusion. Do not place any fillers in the area at this point since it will just complicate and compound any issues that you may have around the implant.

Chin implant

+1

When you analyze your pictures, now you have more harmony between the chin and the upper lip. Draw a perpendicular line from the upper lip, the line should toutch the chin. You are almost there.

Inadequate chin enlargement following implant.

+1

If your most recent photo is the one on the right, then I believe you have achieved a satisfactory result and should refrain from any further augmentation. Injecting in and around an implant is not advised at any time. Loss of correction can be from bony erosion but that is highly unlikely and generally takes several months to occur.

Injectable Fillers can be used to enhance the results of Chin Implant Surgery.

+1

Since you're only 16 days following your surgery, it's too soon to do an Injectable Filler treatment. I think your profile photo is markedly improved. You appear to have a nice result, so far.

When all of the swelling has subsided, you can have an Injectable Filler placed in the soft tissue of your chin to enhance your result.

I hope you find this helpful.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin augmentation with filler over an existing chin implant

+1

Your photos look great. I would not try to do anything more, especially adding a filler on top of the implant. Have you seen other doctors?

From MIAMI

Additional chin augmentation after previous chin implant

+1

Since you are recently out from your procedure, I would wait at least three months before you consider additional injectable augmentation to give the swelling a chance to resolve which may actually improve your profile.

Options when the swelling resolve include placing an additional chin implant wafer on top of the existing implant or injectable fillers.

Some of the fillers available can last a very long time but I would wait sufficient time for the area to soften and for the implant to be settled in its pocket.

I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon