Should Chin Augmentation Be Considered for a Round Profile? (photo)

Hello! I don't mind the way my face looks from the front, but from the side-view I hate my jawline. My chin seems too round/week and it slopes down into my neck too softly, and my overall jawline from the side just seems to oval. I'm not sure if I should look into a chin implant or something more complicated like a sliding genioplasty or reshaping the neck under my jawline. Any advice? Thank you in advance.

You have a weak chin.. and need an implant

+1

Your chin is somewhat weak. So, an implant of about 8mm in the midline is what you need. Nabil Fanous, MD

Montreal Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should Chin Augmentation Be Considered for a Round Profile?

+1

A chin implant will improve the profile and create a more elongated less rounded look.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of chin implants and facial procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Your neck looks fine and does not need any alteration. I think a chin augmentation with an implant would be very flattering for your profile. Just make sure the surgeon you see is familiar with the surgery and the various implants available.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Chin implants give a very good way to improve the profile of your face

+1

Since you have a some what short chin on your profile view picture you would be a good candidate for a extended chin implant. What need to be evaluated is bite of your teeth. If you have a short jaw and your teeth don't meet, then you might want to consider jaw surgery to move your lower jaw forward there by improving your bite as well as your profile. If you have a good bite then a chin implant would be a good procedure to give you a stronger profile.  The implant can be placed with an incision under the chin or inside the mouth. I much prefer the external incision for multiple reasons. The is also a good number of choices in chin implants. I prefer for men a Trevino square implant and for women an extended regular implant. I think in your case either will give you an excellent result. 

Carl W. "Rick" Lentz III, MD

Chin implant for weak chin profile

+1

A small chin implant can be inserted on the front part of the chin to augment a weak chin profile. Chin implants come in  a variety of sizes shapes, and are inserted through a submental approach under local anesthesia.  The implant can also be removed  if the patient ever desires it removed. The link below  shows examples of chin implants placed in our practice

Possible chin implant

+1

In viewing your picture, it does appear that you would be a good candidate for chin augmentation with an implant.  There are multiple styles and sizes that could be used and you and your surgeon should be able to come to a decision as to which would work best for you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon