Chin and Jawline Implant or Augmentation for a More Defined Jawline? (photo)

I'm 32 & would like to add more definition to my jawline. I'm not overweight, I'm quite thin but I feel I have excess skin starting to sag under my chin & even appear to have a double chin in some pictures. My jawline has no definition & seems to blend into my neck. I've considered a chin implant but I don't feel my chin is that small, at least not from a frontal view & would it help my jawline? I know injections help but how long do they last? I'd prefer a perm option. Would Elixis help at all?

Surgery for a more defined jawline

+1

A chin implant will augment the chin profile, which will give the illusion of a longer and more defined jaw line.  Any fat removal in the neck will need to be performed with either simple liposuction or a neck lift.  The chin implant is a permanent solution to a retrusive chin and can be performed under local anesthesia.  We do not perform injectables into the chin since they are only temporary.

Defining the jawline

+1

A chin implant can greatly enhance the profile and the appearance of the jawline. Based on your photos, it appears you would benefit from a small chin implant and possibly some liposuction of the submental/jowl area. Injectables can help, but will not have nearly the same effect as a silicon implant. They are generally a good way to see what a chin implant may look like prior to taking the plunge for a permanent implant. A filler may last in the area for 6-7 months. Any modifications you would need are minimal, and I think you would be really happy with the end result. From here, I would recommend a consultation with a board certified surgeon who uses computer imaging software. This will help give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. Thank you, and please feel free to ask any additional questions. I would be happy to answer them for you!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Chin Augmentation and Neck Liposuction will define your Jawline

+1

Chin augmentation with a small implant and liposuction of the neck and jawline area will give you a well defined chin and will provide for a nice profile. From your profile view an augmentation would help align your features and provide the aesthetics you are looking for. I would not suggest injectables as they are temporary and for the expense you would have you are better off with surgery that will permanently help the areas you are displeased with. During consultation for chin augmentation and neck liposuction I provide my patients with a digital imaging picture which shows the projected result. This may be helpful for you during the consulting phase to properly understand the aesthetics that could be achieved with these procedures. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

More Defined Jawline

+1

A small chin implant and liposuction of the anterior neck and below your jawline will give you the definition you desire. I have used silicone implants in patients like you for 35 years with satisfying results. Injections will not give you the permanent solution you want.

Chin/Submental Sagging

+1

This is a common concern amongst patients.  Although an in person consultation is recommended, it appears that you could benefit from a small chin implant.  If there is some sagging under your chin and a double chin appearance, liposuction under the chin (submental area) will improve this concern.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Improve jawline

+1

Silastic chin implants have stood the test of time in my 40 years of practice. The right size and shape should work for you and ... It is easily reversed if you don't like it. Injections make little sense to me as they are soft tissue fillers. What is usually sought is bony augmentation. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery for neck and chin

+1

Dear Tgrlilly,

• A small chin implant would add projection and may give the impression of a longer jawline
  • I prefer fat augmentation of the jawline in the back to get more definition which is a nice, permanent, and natural looking option
  • As far as elixis or other non surgical lipo options, it is best to have a consultation in person so we can evaluate your skin and fat content

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Chin augmentation

+1

I think that you would be a candidate for chin augmentation and possibly some liposuction of the neck.  Depending of the type of implant used, it would most likely alter your profile view more than your frontal view.  You are correct in that injections are an option, but you would get a more significant result with the implant.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon