Could chin and/or jaw surgery make a significant change to my facial profile and improve the overall symmetry? (photo)

I'm interested in any procedures that might bring greater strength and definition to my chin and jawline, and especially to improve the symmetry of my overall profile. I'd need to know if it would make a significant difference to my profile before I went through with any procedure, so that's what I really want to find out. I should add that I suspect my jaw is also slightly out of alignment. Thanks.

Chin augmentation

+1

Chin implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of the consultation/ examination by your facial plastic surgeon. The implants are composed of Silastic, are inserted through a sub mental incision under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. For many examples please see the link below to our and chin implant photo gallery

Chin and Jaw Angle Implants to Improve Facial Profile

+1

You would aesthetically benefit by chin and jaw angle augmentation to give more overall jawline definition. However, you do have some jaw asymmetry and it is not clear as to what your current bite (occlusion) is. This may merit an orthodontic workup to determine if there is a need for jaw realignment surgery as well. That issue aside, the best and only way to determine if chin and jaw angle implants would improve your profile is to do some computer imaging first. That would visually show you what those changes would be to your facial profile.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin profile improvement

+1

Yes, I do believe that your profile can be improved with a combination of jaw/chin surgery and liposuction to the neck. The first decision is whether your occlusion is ideal or needs to be corrected. In this situation, jaw surgery to advance the jaw and adjust the occlusion can be performed, but his need to be done in combination with orthodontic. Less complicated conditions which do not involve the occlusion can be improve with either a chin implant or surgical advancement of the chin. When a surgical cut is made in the bone, called an osteotomy, asymmetrys can be addressed. Consult a plastic surgeon who has considerable experience in facial surgery.

Arthur N. Falk, MD
Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jawline

+1

absolutely. It is best to talk to an orthodontist if you are willing to consider jaw surgery. if you just want to mask the smaller jaw and improve your jawline, you could just have chin and jawline ramal augmentation with possible liposuction and you would be impressed. Thanks

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon