How Long Should I Wait After Chin Implant to Get Jaw Implants?

I'm having chin implant surgery mid-May and was wondering how long should I wait to have jaw implant surgery? I know these can be combined, but the doctor who did the chin implant told me himself he would not be the best candidate to do jaw implants. He recommended someone who he is close to and would do the jaw implants for a discount rate.

Chin Implants and Jaw implants

+1

Dear Suzie,

Since you seem confident in your chin augmentation surgeon and you do not want to combine the cases together or change the chin implant to one that extends to the mandible.  I would then suggest asking your surgeon when he thinks is advisable depending on your recovery process. Good luck with your procedures and wishing you a speedy recovery. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Jaw Implants after Chin Implants

+1

There are different chin implant styles that can extend along the mandible.  Of course, there are other implants that can be utilized for the jaw as well.  The best thing to do would be to ask your surgeon when the second implant could be added.