How to Achieve Natural C Cup Look

I've Had Two Children and my Breast Size is a 32a. I'm 5'3" and 120 Lbs. While breastfeeding, I'm at a 32c (fully engorged). I'm planning to get breast augmentation once I ween my son and I'm having trouble seeing the difference between a full B and a small C. I want a natural looking augmentation for my body and am on the petite side. I don't want a noticeable 'fake boobs' look, but I don't want to be really small either. I'm planning on doing it under the muscle. Does anyone have any advice for me to achieve that look?

Implant Selection Process

+1

Generally speaking, the bigger the implants, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Breast implant sizing

+1

t is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Natural looking breast implants

+1

I offer patient's a simple analogy to illustrate what we mean:

Q: If you take a baseball and you cover it with a silksheet, what will it look like?

A: Like a baseball, you will even see the stitching.

Q: Now if you take that same baseball and cover it with a comforter what will you see?

A: It depends on how thick the comforter is but generally you will see a softly shaped lump.

So now the question is what do you have on your chest, silk sheets or comforters?

The way we determine this is by looking at your chest, if I can see your ribs (under the muscle) then you anatomy will have a hard time disguising the implant whether it is placed under or over the muscle and you are more likely better off with a silicone implant. Another way of measuring this is to pinch your upper chest skin (similar to pinch and inch of your waist on the Special K commercial). If you have less than an 2 cm (under 4/5 of an inch) than you have "silk sheets"

If you have a thicker skin/fat/breast layer that pinches over an inch than you have the option of going under or over.

Now the exception to the rule:

Q: What happens if you change the baseball to a volleyball?

A: All bets are off, whether you put it under or over the muscle it will not look natural.

The last issue is the implant shape. There are some anatomic shaped implants but I have generally found them to produce no significant difference in outcome with the exception of breast cancer reconstruction. However, this is my personal opinion

Finding the right size for your breast implants

+1

In order to determine the right size for your breast augmentation, find some pictures of breasts that you like and bring them to your plastic surgeon.  Then, he or she can give you some sample implants based on the pictures that you bring for you to place in your bra.  This will give you a rough estimate of the size of the implants you require to achieve your desired look.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Natural implant look

+1

The key is to have a consultation with a doctor and express your interests.  I will say the larger the implant the more unnatural it will look.

Achieving desired results after breast augmentation

+1

Breast augmentation surgery is designed to increase the size of your breasts, and achieving a "small C" cup from an "A" cup is most likely possible. There are a number of considerations you need to discuss with your surgeon in addition to bra size, including type of implant (saline or silicone), placement above or below the pectoralis muscle, and risks and complications from the procedure. Keep in mind that not all cup sizes are equal amongst bra manufacturers, and the implants themselves come in volumes in cubic centimeters ("cc's"), not cup sizes.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Breast size vs. breast implant size

+1

Breast implant surgery is not like buying clothing. You can't order a specific size. Although the surgeon can make some estimates as to final breast size he/she will always be off. This is due to the fact that breasts are made up of variable quantities of fat & breast gland. Although in general younger women have a greater percentage gland & older women have a greater percentage fat it is not possible for even the educated eye to accurately estimate the percentage composition just by looking at the breast. Because fat is more compressible than gland tissue 2 women with different breast composition (fat vs. gland) can have the same size breasts before surgery & have the same sized breast implants placed but end up with different sized breasts. The one with a greater percentage of gland tissue in the breast will be larger. It is also important not to place too large an implant as firstly it does not look natural & secondly it is unhealthy (can cause backpain,
stretchmarks, increase the chances that future surgery will be needed etc.).

When you go for your breast implant consultation have the doctor place different sized implants under your bra and look at yourself in the mirror to help you decide which size implants to get. Once you choose the size the base width and projection dimensions of the implants have to be picked depending on the measurements of your torso taken in the doctor's office. Starting with a 32A there is not much breast tissue there so what you see in the mirror will be closer to the result after surgery.

Aaron Stone, MD