Seroma Still Draining After 1 Month?

TT in Dec 14, 2012. 3 weeks later my doctor say he think I have a seroma but he can´t drain it with a syringe. He send to make me a ultrasound and there was 3 seromas in the line of the scar. I week later, the scar open and drain a clear, yellow liquid; 10 days later, other site of the scar open it and drain too; this second point take a form of a little ball (like a infected pimple) but there no have infection or pain. Today there are still drain and my tummy is swelling. What can I do?

Seroma 1 month post Tummy Tuck

+1

You need to follow up with your surgeon as he/she will need to continue to drain this fluid collection until it resolves.  If after a couple of attempts at drainage it does not resolve, your surgeon may inject a medicine to help your body close the pocket down that is producing the fluid.  Good luck.

Seroma Still Draining After 1 Month?

+1

Yes, the seroma can drain longer, be patient, slowly will stop.

Spanish translation provided by doctor:

Si el seroma drena por mucho tiempo, sea paciente, que lentamente dejara de drenar. 

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Swelling after Tummy Tuck

+1

Given your postoperative course thus far, this could be a recurrent fluid collection, infection, or both.  Please get an exam from your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Seroma Still Draining After 1 Month?

+1

If your abdomen is increasing is size, your really need to see your surgeon, because it is likely to be another fluid collection needing to be drained. Unfortunately there is not much added advice I can give online other that to follow up regularly with your surgeon.

All the best.