I'm 21 years old & have developed deep hollows under my eyes. Should I opt for the lower eye blepharoplasty? (photos)

i am 21 years old & have developed deep hollows under my eyes they look very deep from the side front and when i smile. they are so dark they even create dark shadows under my eyes, make me feel more sleepy & look horrible. i am considering a filler but dont know if my already full cheeks would look even bigger. should i opt for the lower eye blepharoplasty? i have included pics. need help!

Tear trough abnormality is best treated by fillers.

+1
The hollowed out area under the lids including the tear trough would best be treated with fillers. They are safe and reversible.

Eyelid hollows

+1
There are other options to surgery, especially at your young age, such as fillers. I would suggest to see an eyelid specialist in your area to discuss your options.

Malena Amato, MD
Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon

I am 21 y old and developed deep hollows under my eyes.Should I opt for the lower eye blepharoplastyh

+1
The heredetry  pufiness under your eyes is due to fat around the eye ball leaving a hollow and consequently leaving a shadow which show darkness.The treatment of choice is injecting a filler like restylane or juviderm in the hollow part.

Wafik A. Hanna, MD
Hinsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm 21 years old & have developed deep hollows under my eyes.

+1
You look very young from the photo to have or need lower eyelid surgery and the photo is not ideal to evaluate things but something more conservative like filler to even out the high and low points may be far more appropriate. See a board certified  surgeon in your area with an expertise in aesthetic surgery for more information. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of lower eyelid Hollows

+1
Your question is a common but difficult one. There are 2 basic strategies: 1) reduce puffiness above the hollows with a blepharoplasty and 2) fill the hollow with fillers (like restylane, boletero, or juvederm) or with fat grafts during a blepharoplasty procedure. No one choice is always correct (depends on your anatomy) and patients often have to do both. I suggest you go for a consultation (or 2) and get some opinions about your specific situation.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid surgery will be a big problem for you.

+1
Carefully done under eye fillers with Restylane are really your best option.  Still this is a fussy service so it is essential to find a very experienced surgeon to fill your lower eyelids.  Treatment may last one or two years for you.

Lower eyelid hollows

+1
Based on your photos, it looks like you could benefit from Restylane injections under your eyes. The goal would be to blend the eyelid-cheek junction on the inner aspect of your eyes and should help you look less tired.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon