Chickenpox Scar Removal by CO2 Laser?

I have deep chicken pox scars and some are pigmented. I went to visit a dermatologist, and he recommended 4 sessions of a CO2 laser. He said it could improve the scars by about 70%. Will a CO2 laser be able to minimize the depth of the scars? Wouldn't the CO2 laser just make the scars deeper? Is a CO2 laser the best treatment? Thanks

Chicken pox scar treatments

+1

Chicken pox scars are usually deep.  Fractional laser will help the scars, but repeat treatments are necessary. Other options include excision of the scars, or percutaneous scar release.

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx