Uneven Eyes After Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty? (photo)

I am 7 days after upper and lower blepharoplasty and my eyes look uneven, small and they don't have a nice shape to it.Is this something that I should be concern about?

Allow more time to pass to see final eyelid shape.

+1

7 days is too early to tell what the final shape of you eyelids will be.  Many of the early irregularities fade away with time and patience. Wait till about 3 months and then you will be near an end point in your healing.  Let your doctor know your concerns.

Way too early to be concerned

+1

After surgery, the majority of bruising and swelling resolves in the first 2 weeks, though some residual swelling can last up to a few weeks...even a couple of months. This is especially true if you are older with more lax eyelid/facial tissues.Be patient with your body.

At 3 months time you should be able to accurately assess success of the surgery.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Seven days after a blepharoplasty

+1

No one has completley symmetric eyes, folds, etc..  Yes, I do see a small difference but this is also with maximal swelling. Give it time to settle down.

Eye swelling after Bleph

+1

You still have a fair amount of swelling and bruising at this point after surgery.  Things will change quit a bit in  the next few weeks.  Discuss your concerns with your Doc at the next visit.

Charles R. Nathan, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

7 Days after Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery

+1

At 7 days and so much bruising and swelling, you probably should not make an judgements just yet about the surgical results. I do not see anything out of the ordinary, but your surgeon is the best source.  Your surgeon knows the employed maneuvers, which can vary surgeon to surgeon and patient to patient.